General Cricket Discussion

Don't think Strauss had to reveal all that now or ever to the media. Although KP was a wrong in some facets of that saga, he was right in some parts too.

Would have preferred if he kept this just between himself, KP & the ENG players until death.

Don't think Strauss had to reveal all that now or ever to the media. Although KP was a wrong in some facets of that saga, he was right in some parts too.

Would have preferred if he kept this just between himself, KP & the ENG players until death.

I agree to an extent but then again who on earth would buy his book without this in it?

Saeed Ajmal does not like Dav Whatmore.

Pakistan Cricket News: Dav Whatmore makes 'no difference' to Pakistan - Saeed Ajmal | ESPN Cricinfo

And Dav Whatmore also does not like Saeed Ajmal

Dav Whatmore ?@dfwhatmore 34m
Just read Ajmal's quotes. Deeply upset and hurt by his remarks. Just when you think you know someone!!

EDIT:

They like each other again

Dav Whatmore ?@dfwhatmore 36m
Ajmal has personally come to apologise to me and explained the context of what he ment and I have accepted.

Dav Whatmore ?@dfwhatmore 17m
I just want to add that Ajmal is a very nice person but has fallen prey to a few tricky questions.

Last edited:
^Mohsin Khan was a brilliant coach , don't know what made him retire.

South Africa Cricket News: CSA likely to introduce quota for black African players | ESPN Cricinfo

This is a very dangerous thing S Africa are proposing for domestic cricket. Must people know my position on this. As a mixed race individual myself, tts strange to see in S Africa culture differentiate a Ntini/Tstosobe as a different type of black person player as Philander/Duminy.

These kind of decision which will mean certain talented white or mixed raced players will be overlooked & it could potentially prevent S Africa from building the kind dominance across all formats that previous windies & Australia teams.

We already see how forced black/coloured selections is preventing S Africa ODI/T20 teams from being as good as the test team whose black coloured players (Amla, Peterson, Philander, Tahir, Duminy) are picked on merit.

hey Martin, I've been following your blog since I came across it here. it's absolutely brilliant - especially love your passion and knowledge for the associate game: if only some people at the icc had half your imagination and foresight.

Always great to hear good feedback, Dave. It'd just be even nicer to hear it from someone with a chequebook!

You got so much love for our fast bowling War :p. But honestly I think we are hardly missing him with Junaid and Irfan making up for him. Junaid may lack in talent as compared to Aamir but he is the most hardworking Pakistani quicky I have seen. He tried his heart out everytime he comes out to ball and that makes up for whatever little lack of talent he may have comparably.

Users who are viewing this thread