General Music Thread

Yeah most people prefer Brian's as he's less of an acquired taste but when you've listened to all their songs over and over again you tend to prefer Bon's vocal stylings and lyrics and come to appreciate how he used his voice as an instrument in his songs, if that makes any sense.

Besides, Bon was a total badass. :D

My top 10 AC/DC songs not based about musical quality, just on what I enjoy most.

1. Thunderstruck
2. TNT
3. Back in Black
4. Highway To Hell
5. Touch Too Much
6. For Those About To Rock
7. You Shook Me All Night Long
8. Stiff Upper Lip
9. Hells Bells
10. Sin City

My top 10 AC/DC songs not based about musical quality, just on what I enjoy most.

1. Thunderstruck
2. TNT
3. Back in Black
4. Highway To Hell
5. Touch Too Much
6. For Those About To Rock
7. You Shook Me All Night Long
8. Stiff Upper Lip
9. Hells Bells
10. Sin City

Not a bad list at all. A lot of those used to be in my top 10 as well. I've given up on those lists now though, they change all the time.

nightprowler10 added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Haha, that is their worst song ever! It's hilarious though.

They've had worse, at least this one's funny.

Like Pink Floyd then, it's amazing how much they sucked when not absolutley brillant lol.

Young man you have much to learn! Black Ice would struggle to make my top ten. Here it is as of right now:

1. Powerage
  2. Highway To Hell/Back In Black
  3. Let There Be Rock
  4. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
  5. For Those About To Rock
  6. Flick of the Switch
  7. TNT
  8. The Razors Edge
  9. Black Ice
  10. Ballbreaker/Stiff Upper Lip
  11. Blow Up Your Video
  12. Fly On The Wall
  13. High Voltage

That'll be all.

Will probably change but i am really into it atm.

Oh, and I'll throw a reccomendation your way too, the Fate/Stay Night OST by Kawai Kenji. It's more of a feudal Japan/classical OST, but amazing nevertheless.

Thanks for that Mob! I wouldn't say it's brilliant throughout, but some tracks are quite amazing! Love the Deep forest instrumental, La Sola amongst others!
:cheers

Anyone here listen to Bright Eyes, truly are awesome I'd give em a listen if I were you they're an Indie Folk country band all in one, absolutely awesome.

Themer added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

And to add to them The Decemberists are also very good, Sixteen Military Wives is awesome.

Thanks for that Mob! I wouldn't say it's brilliant throughout, but some tracks are quite amazing! Love the Deep forest instrumental, La Sola amongst others!
:cheers

Well, for the series, it was quite perfect, it fit in with the moods and scenes so well. I'd probably say Eirei Chinkon is my favourite, so wonderfully crafted together.

I am currently listening to "Great Big Sea" who are a Canadian band. Really is quite relaxing to listen to. A Canadian friend put me onto them, must say really am enjoying them :)

My band of the month goes to White Lies. Discovered them on Q, with their song 'Lose My Life' or something like that. The singer has a very deep, powerful voice, reminiscent of the Editors or Joy Division. Youtube them.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Okay, I think all the laughs a gone.

I think.

Burnsy1 recommended Ben's Brother to me earlier today and I must say they have a few decent songs. Let Me Out is an awesome song and Carry On is a good song too. Might try and get their album if I like a few more of their songs.

The Metros are a really good band. Search them up on Youtube.

And of course the Arctic Monkeys, the new album is gonna be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread