General Music Thread

Jimmy Eat World are seriously turning into my favourite band. They're brilliant. I was a little skeptical when I heard the name of the band, expecting them to be crap, but they've got some seriously stunning songs. 23 is easily my favourite song at the minute, such an amazing song, with seriously fantastic lyrics. The whole Futures album happens to be fantastic actually, I really need to get more of their stuff, only have the 2 albums. <3 J.E.W.

Also, good shout about Jovimeister. Just a shame Jon's losing his voice really :( He's seriously losing that gravelly sound to his voice, need to get smoking some cigarettes tbh. They've got some great tunes though, can't beat abit of Livin On A Prayer.

Maybe some Molboro packs will see Jon right! Their videos crack me up cause the bloke always laughs at the end, colgate material teeth those. Cheesy.

Oh yeah Dream theater arent bad at all, very tight musicianship.

Jimmy Eat World are quality KP!
I have Static Prevails (their debut from 96 roughly), Clarity, Bleed American (retitled I think), Futures, Chase This Light and their b-side album (5 tracks) Stay on my side tonight. Wait I got their Live DVD too, got it years ago now.
Know how to right good songs to match a good mood be it chilled, intense, upbeat, aggressive, romantic etc. For a punk pop rock band they have done well. Haven't listened to their music a while now.

Good call there mate!

YouTube - Bon Jovi Live Concert 2008 in TYO (Livin' On A Prayer) < This video is just pure proof that he's lost it. He's sort of forcing the notes from the back of his throat, doesn't sound anywhere near as good as he did back in the day. Shame.

Yeh, J.E.W are awesome. I'll have to download a few more of their albums, I've got Futures and Chase The Light. 23's still my fave song of theirs, such a brilliant track. What's your fave song of theirs?

'Sweetness' always a winner with me and 'Just Watch The Fireworks'!
'Episode IV', 'Clarity', 'Nothing Wrong', 'Work', 'Polaris', 'Dizzy', 'Bleed American'. 23 is great! I agree.

Those def up there, but so many to choose from man. All quality!
Some of their CD's cheap to buy. Also most of the earlier stuff been remastered so worth having the original.
Earlier stuff a bit more punky and rawer, but you'll like it.

Sounds good mate, I'll definitely have a little look at what albums they've got and make sure I get a few of them. Massive fan of the 2 albums I've got, so I'm sure I'll enjoy their full back catalogue. The only song of theirs I've heard that's not from the 2 albums I've got is Middle, thanks to Guitar Hero and that's a cracking tune as well. Gotta love abit of J.E.W

Get Bleed American, think its now called Jimmy Eat World. Got a cover with trophies on an old LP shelf if I remember (too lazy to get it from the cd shelf).
It has 'the middle' on it.

Shredding guitar solo in the middle, actually some nice guitaring on the album.
I recommend you get that album first and work your way down. That way you WILL enjoy their stuff.

Anyone listen to Jesper Kyd? The one who composed music for the Hitman series of games. The soundtrack is available as a three part CD album. Amazing to say the least. Some tracks are just out of this world.

I bought Genesis: The Video Show box set for $20 today!

Also got Tenacious D: The Complete Masterworks 2 for the same price :)

As for recent additions to my music: Franz Ferdinand, more Powderfinger, Peter Gabriel, 10cc, Counting Crows, Dream Theatre, The Eagles, Elvis Presley, Motley Crue, Scorpions, The Police, Sneaky Sound System and Weezer.

Do I take it as good or bad? The music for the Hitman though, is seriously awesome.

It's literally perfect, for what it is aiming for. The atmospheres in the game are just amazing.

By the way, I "acquired" the OST to Blood Money, and already, Apocalypse is brilliant.

It's literally perfect, for what it is aiming for. The atmospheres in the game are just amazing.

By the way, I "acquired" the OST to Blood Money, and already, Apocalypse is brilliant.

Get the others too! The soundtrack for Hitman Contracts is the best. Hong Kong Underground is really offbeat. Of all the tracks though, nothing compares to the title song of Hitman Silent Assasin. The 'Title song-extended version' from the original 47 is quite superb too. From the Blood Money album I like Las Vegas, Night Time/Daylight in New Orleans among others. The 'Ave Maria' from the opening chapter is missing though. You can find it on You tube.

EDIT: Correction, it's a four part album, including the original 47 soundtrack.

Last edited:
I sure will.

Oh, and I'll throw a reccomendation your way too, the Fate/Stay Night OST by Kawai Kenji. It's more of a feudal Japan/classical OST, but amazing nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread