General Music Thread

Bump.

Just some albums that I have purchased recently and my thoughts about them.

To Record Only Water For Ten Days - John Frusciante (CD)
Being a Chili Pepper (Frusciante being the guitarist of the Chili Peppers) fan I have wanted to give a listen to some of John's solo work. After being in the city and heading into a second hand CD shop I saw To Record Only Water For Ten Days, for only $5. This album is very different to his work with RHCP. It has electronical influcenes with all of the drum beats being electronic. This is an album that is a grower, I didn't like it on the first listen but after a second listen some of the songs are growing on me.

Flight Of The Conchords - Flight Of the Conchords (iTunes - $16.99)
After buying The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) (A song, not like that :D) by it self I thought I would pick up the whole album. Not all of the songs from the show are included in the album like "Bret, You've Got It Going On" and "If You're Into It". Though this is a great album if you like humourous music. My personal favourites are Hiphopopotamus Vs. Rhymenoceros (feat. Rhymenoceros and the Hiphopopotamus), Inner City Pressure, Ladies of the World and Leggy Blonde. These songs aren't to be taken seriously but to have a good chuckle at. Very much recommended with a good price of $16.99

Black Holes and Revelations - Muse (iTunes $12.49)
With one of my friends being a fan of Muse I though with my iTunes money I would pick this up. There was the same album for $16.99 but being a smart guy (:D) I decided to save a couple of extra bucks and buy the $12.49 priced album. This has been a great album that I have picked up here. With the opening track of Take a Bow. The catchcry lyric of "Our hopes and expectations/Black holes and revelations" from the track Starlight has been going in my head for ages now. Invincible is a great song with a good build-up and gives you a sense of power with the lyrics of the chorus. City of Delusion has a Spanish feel to it which adds a versatile feel to the album. And there isn't much more that can be said of Knights of Cydonia. Defenitetly recommended.

Bump.

Just some albums that I have purchased recently and my thoughts about them.

To Record Only Water For Ten Days - John Frusciante (CD)
Being a Chili Pepper (Frusciante being the guitarist of the Chili Peppers) fan I have wanted to give a listen to some of John's solo work. After being in the city and heading into a second hand CD shop I saw To Record Only Water For Ten Days, for only $5. This album is very different to his work with RHCP. It has electronical influcenes with all of the drum beats being electronic. This is an album that is a grower, I didn't like it on the first listen but after a second listen some of the songs are growing on me.

Flight Of The Conchords - Flight Of the Conchords (iTunes - $16.99)
After buying The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) (A song, not like that :D) by it self I thought I would pick up the whole album. Not all of the songs from the show are included in the album like "Bret, You've Got It Going On" and "If You're Into It". Though this is a great album if you like humourous music. My personal favourites are Hiphopopotamus Vs. Rhymenoceros (feat. Rhymenoceros and the Hiphopopotamus), Inner City Pressure, Ladies of the World and Leggy Blonde. These songs aren't to be taken seriously but to have a good chuckle at. Very much recommended with a good price of $16.99

Black Holes and Revelations - Muse (iTunes $12.49)
With one of my friends being a fan of Muse I though with my iTunes money I would pick this up. There was the same album for $16.99 but being a smart guy (:D) I decided to save a couple of extra bucks and buy the $12.49 priced album. This has been a great album that I have picked up here. With the opening track of Take a Bow. The catchcry lyric of "Our hopes and expectations/Black holes and revelations" from the track Starlight has been going in my head for ages now. Invincible is a great song with a good build-up and gives you a sense of power with the lyrics of the chorus. City of Delusion has a Spanish feel to it which adds a versatile feel to the album. And there isn't much more that can be said of Knights of Cydonia. Defenitetly recommended.

As for Conchords, It's business time! :p

Absolution is my favourite of Muse's, but Black Holes is a good enough album as well :)

Business Time is also another favourite but I didn't want to list the whole album :). There are so many quotable lines from their songs but I don't want to bore anyone else with them.

Mongrel- The Menace. It's a tune and a half, heard it for the first time a few weeks back on Soccer Am and 2 guys from the band being on this week reminded me of it, really good song. I like the whole sound of it, nice mix of a few styles, the lead singer from The Reverend and The Makers, with a few guys from other big bands, like Arctic Monkeys and Babyshambles and the rappers on top of that. Really good stuff, looking forward to hearing their album later in the year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely addicted to Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin at the moment.

How can Coldplay get away with such a massive rip off on their new song? It's ridiculous. What a twat that Chris Martin is.

Well....

(yeah, right, the character limit)

Attachments

• awesome, nothing but awesome.jpg
    awesome, nothing but awesome.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 29
Steven Wilson.

Although, somebody from the crowd blatantly threw that on, and waited for him to do that. But, iirc, he was agreeing with it, so it's as good as him writing it, I guess.

Chris Martin of Coldplay is a prat, I did enjoy their first album 'Parachutes', I think it was. Just think he's too eccentric and is another save the world geezer to the point where it's ridiculous.

At the momet the albums I'm listening to most:
Lene Marlin - Another Day
Hell Is For Heroes - The Neon Handshake
Stereophonics - A decade in the sun (Best of)
Tool - Lateralus
Jeremy Enigk
Feeder (earlier music)

baggy_blogger added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Peter Gabriel is quality too!
Like the sounds of him, Phil Collins, The Police, Sting, INXS, Bon Jovi...classic songs from all of them!

Chris Martin of Coldplay is a prat, I did enjoy their first album 'Parachutes', I think it was. Just think he's too eccentric and is another save the world geezer to the point where it's ridiculous.

At the momet the albums I'm listening to most:
Lene Marlin - Another Day
Hell Is For Heroes - The Neon Handshake
Stereophonics - A decade in the sun (Best of)
Tool - Lateralus
Jeremy Enigk
Feeder (earlier music)

baggy_blogger added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Peter Gabriel is quality too!
Like the sounds of him, Phil Collins, The Police, Sting, INXS, Bon Jovi...classic songs from all of them!

I love them all!

And I'm also adding Sneaky Sound System, Elvis Presley and Dream Theater.

Intersting mix I know :P

And now I'm trying out some Motley Crue, Weezer, 10CC and Counting Crows lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread