General Music Thread

Has anyone heard Immortal Technique's latest album, The 3rd World? Good god, it's just so good, anyone who has a negative view of rap won't agree, but damn.

Like him or loathe him, he's brilliant lyricist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm I just watched Muse's HAARP tour on DVD. All I gotta say is WOW! I didn't know they sounded like that live. Now I really wish I could go to one of their concerts.

Also I've been listening to a lot of David Bowie recently for some reason :p

Also I've been listening to a lot of David Bowie recently for some reason :p

I'll fill the reason in for you. It's because he's awesome. I really hope you've got China Girl, Letter to Hermione, Ziggy Stardust, Ashes to Ashes, Life on Mars, Heroes, Jean Genie, Suffragette City, and Rebel,Rebel. If you haven't, download them (Y). :D

I tell ya what. Johnny Borrell may be a complete ****, but Slipway Fires is a brilliant album. Not brilliantly written, as he claims, but there are some fantastic tracks. Wire to Wire and North London Trash are fantastic songs. Annoyingly, I really like all 3 Razorlight albums, even though I find Borrell to be the most annoying man on the planet.

Slipway Fires is one of the worst things I've heard this year. How Razorlight managed to go from something as good and potentially leading onto something great to the last album and Slipway Fires I've no idea.

Anyway, Joshua Radin, Kimya Dawson, Jeff Buckley, Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, all (Y).

Changing the topic slightly, '808s & Heartbreak' is a really good album in my opinion. Different approach from Mr. West and I really appreciate it after all that went on in his life prior to the release. His Mum died, he seperated from his fiancée, harrassed by paparazzi etc. This is coming from one of Kanye's biggest fans but I'm sure people will enjoy it all the same.

Changing the topic slightly, '808s & Heartbreak' is a really good album in my opinion. Different approach from Mr. West and I really appreciate it after all that went on in his life prior to the release. His Mum died, he seperated from his fianc?e, harrassed by paparazzi etc. This is coming from one of Kanye's biggest fans but I'm sure people will enjoy it all the same.

I've got huge respect for Kanye West, he doesnt just sit there and sell albums, he does a bunch of other stuff to benifit the music industry. For one he's the master as creating remix's, well not exactly remix's but adding to songs. He's done a few Fall Out Boy songs which sounded amazing.

Thanks to my mum i'm now addicted to listening to Stereophonics.
Listening to their best of album as I type.
Stereophonics ftw!

Recent additions to my music collection:

Alestorm
Empire Of The Sun
Megadeth
Porcupine Tree
Toto
Dead Kennedys
The Knack
The Killers

You get a cookie if you know of 5 or more of them ^^

Plus I got some more songs of RHCP and QOTSA ;)

Not breaking any rules here, look it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent additions to my music collection:

Alestorm
Empire Of The Sun
Megadeth
Porcupine Tree
Toto
Dead Kennedys
The Knack
The Killers

You get a cookie if you know of 5 or more of them ^^

Plus I got some more songs of RHCP and QOTSA ;)

WOOOT!

Which albums? And which one do you like the most. I would probably take In Absentia, but they are all amazing, Wilson is sublime.

Pingu - any updates on In Absentia yet?

I have indeed. Sorry I havent posted before, Uni work and too much Vodka have somewhat limited my free time.

I'll be blunt. I loved it. I stuck it on from Edinburgh station and played it all the way down to York, and although I was knackered I didnt want to fall asleep as I was enjoying it so much. Since then, its been on Itunes every day.

Thanks for pointing them out. I need to delve away from the mainstream to find better bands it seems, maybe thats why I was so dissolutioned with todays standard of Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread