General Music Thread

Guys just thought I'd mention that while you can still use this as a thread for general music/older ones, you can also start new threads on bands/singers/whatever if you want. This forum needs some filling up I reckon.

Hmm...reckon it'd be easier to follow people's musical tastes if we kept it all in one thread.

EDIT: Never mind, would rather have you folks discuss techno in some other thread. :p

You can use it for general music chat, but you can also discuss particular bands or genres (I've started a dance one) as well in separate threads.

You can use it for general music chat, but you can also discuss particular bands or genres (I've started a dance one) as well in separate threads.

Hence my edit. Though I'd hate to see a thread for every band/album so lets use some tact people.

Just listened to When You Were A Crow from The Parlor Mob again. What an absolutely gun album. Probably the album of the year for me, even ahead of Black Ice. I insist people who like the vintage rock sound listen to this band, they blow other newer bands out of the water who try to steal older bands' sound. They sound vintage yet have their own distinct style.

I recently stocked up on some more 70's and 80's stuff, plus a few newer bands as well :)

Probably the best artist in the uk right now and some of the best lyrics I've ever heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little Georgy Sampson. Cashing in nicely on his dancing ability I see.

Back to real music. Downloaded Foals album earlier today. I had 3 of their tracks before, those being Cassius, Balloons and Olympic Airways, so thought I might as well download the album. So glad I did, it's fantastic. It's actually something original in what has become a pretty dull and generic genre. The likes of Jack Penate and Scouting For Girls ruined the Indie genre for a while, but there have been some top bands coming out with stuff this year. Foals are just one of these new breed of fantatic Indie groups.

Cassius happens to be one of my favourite songs at the minute. It's not what many would consider to be good, it's got a very strange sound and weird lyrics, but there's just something about it I love. Brilliant song, fantastic album. Well worth having a listen to.

Are you being serious? A PC'er who likes Math Rock, whaaat?

65daysofstatic are made of awesome.

Why don't you guys think I'm serious. George Sampson is not only a hell of a dancer and he is straight out of the streets Warrington where he learnt to dance or die. This kid is a real inspiration.

:D

wtf is up with crappy gay music for kids like that. We had stuff like steps and S club 7, who were actualy quality.

Anyway we were taking the piss out of a lad who is into all gangster rap stuff wearing all the flash labels and stuff, he didn't know who Katy Perry was. :D S'alright though, i gave him a blast of hot and cold. I'm want to audition for X factor, I htink I have a hidden talent.

Warrington is the worst place in the world.

Anyway Dan you're a bit late with the Foals mate. I've seen them many a time. They are soo much better live.

Users who are viewing this thread