General Music Thread

Follwed the Indie road? They started on it...

I would say there first song was more pop rock than indie, but yeah overall they were a mix of Indie and pop rock but went with the first tag :p

Yeah, LSF was their debut single. They perform it superbly live; Really gets the crowd involved. Tom has such amazing stage presence it's unreal.

Oasis are starting recording of their 7th album on 3rd July :D

Hopfully it will be out sometime next year, and Liam might have sorted his voice out because he was appaling on the Don't Believe the Truth tour.

I wanna drink, drink, drink, some, ****, fight.

Kasabian's first album was absolutely brilliant. Pure Indie class. I don't like Empire much mind you. It didnt grow on me like the first album did.

Yeah same here. It's not that Empire is a bad album, it's just that their first album was always going to be a tough act to follow. It's like that with the Killers. To this date Hot Fuss is still my favorite album and although Sam's Town is a quality release, it doesn't quite live up to the standard set by Hot Fuss.

Last edited:
I totally agree. It's becoming more of a common problem, that bands explode onto the scene with all these songs about their real lives and how things were. Which generally are very well accepted. Then they struggle to follow it up with the 2nd album that means much. Or that is up to the standard of the first album.

The Kaiser Chiefs new album really disappointed me. I'm still very much a Kaiser fan, but Angry Mob is a but of a sub-standard album. The only songs I like off it are Angry Mob itself and Everything Is Average. Ruby is nothing more than a glorified pop song which I would not have expected from the Kaisers at all. Their first album was amazing. I remember a period when it was first released when I couldn't stop playing it. Every song packed a punch and I Predict a Riot is an absolute classic.

Also, is it wrong that I quite like Amy Winehouse's music?

I agree with everything you've said about the Kaisers.
No, it's not, I enjoy it as well. There's just something about her.

I keep finding myself rarely staying really into bands past their first albums these days.

I think the closest band in recent times to produce a second album worthy of rivaling their first is the Arctic Monkeys. I still prefer their first though.

On the whole though, i'm very happy with the indie scene at present. Loads of good bands around and more importantly, loads of good live bands. I can't wait for the beeb's coverage of Glastonbury this weekend.

*hint* starts tomorrow at 8pm on BBC2 with extra coverage on BBC3 *hint*

Yeah, LSF was their debut single. They perform it superbly live; Really gets the crowd involved. Tom has such amazing stage presence it's unreal.

They played it last when I went and they stretched a song about 4 minutes to around 10 fantastic minutes!

It works though. Go from one side of the arena to the next, asking politely if they will belt out the chorus to a song. Some bands to it better than others though, like Kasabian get you going by involving you. Still other bands can make you have an ear orgasm by just turning it up to 11 and getting your adrenaline flowing.

Users who are viewing this thread