General Music Thread

Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N Roses. Listen to it now.

Tom Meighan and Serge Pizzorno are indeed Godly. Karloff was boss as well before 'musical differences' played their part.

Anyway, i've been listening to a lot of Los Campesinos! at the moment. I highly reccomend them. I challenge anyone to listen to You! Me! Dancing! and not hae a full on rave.

We Throw Parties You Throw Knives is also pretty decent.

I'm still listening to Foals. They really are the best new band of the year. They probably won't be huge because of the type of music but they really are fantastic. The fact they aren't putting 'Hummer' or 'Mathletics' on the album shows just how good its going to be.

I like Foals as well. Balloons has to be my favourite of theirs, French Open runs it close as well. If I had to pick my artists of the year it would be from this list;

Horrors
Foals
Kasabian (Purely on a live performances basis)
Gallows
Kings of Leon

I love 'em all. One bad that's been raved about this year is Arcade Fire, but I really don't see them as anything special. Fair play to them, they were good live this year, but i'm just not a fan.

I'm impressed with what Arcade Fire do, working in several outdated and different instruments etc, but I just don't like it.

Aye, Gallows have been fb this year. Shame Frank Carter's giving it up really.

I was twatted off with NME giving him top spot in their cool-list this year though. It should have been Faris F'ing Rotter!

NME has gone way down hill lately.

NME has gone way down hill lately.

As has MTV2. It used to be full of indie glory but now it's gone all emo-mainstream. I was watching something like "Top 100 songs of 2007". 3 & 2 were both shocking. Fall Out Boy and those bloody twats My Chemical Romance. I can't remember what #1 was but it was just as bad.

I'm loving New Found Glory at the moment. There CD's will not leave my player!!!

Woah, suprised you like that type of music to be honest :eek:

Good on ya! I don't listen to them much anymore but they're on my Ipod, well thier last one is. How is the newest?

I love her in 'i'd do her in the face' kinda way, but I wouldn't buy any of her albums. There's a few cover songs that she does that I quite like though.

Users who are viewing this thread