General Music Thread

If you watch that gif for long enough you can actually hear him say it. Oh, and speaking of Gifs...

If you watch that gif for long enough you can actually hear him say it. Oh, and speaking of Gifs...

Lolz. Make an animated Gifs thread somewhere and I promise I will post it.

Regarding this rap battle going on (sorry, I had to let that slip), rap has it's time and it's place. I'm all for a bit of rap/hip hop at clubs and if I'm just hanging about with my iPod in my ears with it on shuffle.

Is anyone here a Jay Chou fan? I particularly like his new album tracks 2, 3, and 10.

I love it when people say Rap is crap and takes no skill blah blah blah.

Write a rap song Mob for me - just one verse will do - post it here. You will see its not that easy.

If you can do it, and not make it sound like it came from a pre-school student then Ill close my mouth(Please do it...:p)

I'm not gonna bother. Skill or no skill, it sounds rubbish to my ears. Except for one man, Brother Ali, something about him I like.

http://www.myspace.com/brotherali

I just can't stop listening to the Horrors at the moment. I wasn't too keen on them at first, but they've grew on me like flab on a fat kid.

Whoa, awesome intro.

Lanc, have you ever heard Stolen Babies? Avant-Garde Metal, with a female vocalist (a fine one at that).

http://www.myspace.com/stolenbabies

Even if you don't like their image or vocals, you have to admire their creativity and skills, fantastic band.

Mob., You didn't make a point really about female vocalists, but in the rock type of industry its fairly rare to find a really good band with a really good woman vocalist.

Theres a band, they're some kind of Christian rock band i believe and have been round for many years called Skillet. They have 2 women vocalists, and they are superb in the timings of when she comes in to accompany the main front man.

Take a listen if you get a chance!

I have nothing but respect for all people in involved in any form rock and roll. It's just that the kind of music yourself and Lanc listen to is a bit hardcore for me.

Oh and I don't class Emo as anything close to rock and roll. It's just glorified pop gayness.

I have nothing but respect for all people in involved in any form rock and roll. It's just that the kind of music yourself and Lanc listen to is a bit hardcore for me.

Nah, I listen to all kinds of Rock/Metal, Evo, I reckon you'd like The Mars Volta, check them out, they are amazing.

If you want a band with a good female vocalist, I'd recommend Flyleaf, I havent heard too many songs nor do I listen to it regularly, but All Around Me and Fully Awake are two good songs. Youtube is your key.

Oh and I don't class Emo as anything close to rock and roll. It's just glorified pop gayness.

You are aware that Emo, or emotional rock as its less commonly known in its fuller form, IS a offshoot of Indie?

I'll give this Mars Volta stuff a go then Mob. I'll counter attack your reccomendation with a reccomendation of my own, try the Gallows. They are probably the closest thing to Heavy Metal that I listen to.

If you need any song names, then here;

Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus
Inertiatic ESP
Viscera Eyes

Three from three different albums, you should be able to find them on Youtube, if you're looking to just get (/download) an album, then I'd recommend that you get Frances The Mute. I'm gonna take a look at the Gallows now, on their myspace.

You are aware that Emo, or emotional rock as its less commonly known in its fuller form, IS a offshoot of Indie?

not true at all, emo has been around for quite a while but only the last couple of years has it become pop gayness (with thanks to evertonfan for my new fave term)

it was around befour the turn of the century and back then was know as both emo and post-hardcore, as the bands were hardcore bands (the punk type, not the gay dance type) but insted of a hardcore vocalist they has a singer, hence the band becoming post-hardcore and it became known as emo, fugazi are the total legends of this and i think EVERYONE should here the repeater album as it transends genre labels and is just wonderful music, when these great bands started having success loads of make-up waring stupid gay hair pricks started crying into mics onstage and this is what is now known as emo

/rant over

Mob., You didn't make a point really about female vocalists, but in the rock type of industry its fairly rare to find a really good band with a really good woman vocalist.
Theres a band, they're some kind of Christian rock band i believe and have been round for many years called Skillet. They have 2 women vocalists, and they are superb in the timings of when she comes in to accompany the main front man.

Take a listen if you get a chance!

Paramore? I love them. Plus Hayley is fit!

lancashire666 said:
not true at all, emo has been around for quite a while but only the last couple of years has it become pop gayness (with thanks to evertonfan for my new fave term)

it was around befour the turn of the century and back then was know as both emo and post-hardcore, as the bands were hardcore bands (the punk type, not the gay dance type) but insted of a hardcore vocalist they has a singer, hence the band becoming post-hardcore and it became known as emo, fugazi are the total legends of this and i think EVERYONE should here the repeater album as it transends genre labels and is just wonderful music, when these great bands started having success loads of make-up waring stupid gay hair pricks started crying into mics onstage and this is what is now known as emo

/rant over

If I was the Queen i'd get off my arse and give you a knighthood for that.

Users who are viewing this thread