General Music Thread

not true at all, emo has been around for quite a while but only the last couple of years has it become pop gayness (with thanks to evertonfan for my new fave term)

it was around befour the turn of the century and back then was know as both emo and post-hardcore, as the bands were hardcore bands (the punk type, not the gay dance type) but insted of a hardcore vocalist they has a singer, hence the band becoming post-hardcore and it became known as emo, fugazi are the total legends of this and i think EVERYONE should here the repeater album as it transends genre labels and is just wonderful music, when these great bands started having success loads of make-up waring stupid gay hair pricks started crying into mics onstage and this is what is now known as emo

/rant over

I've never said that i listen to the new "emo" bands. I don't one little bit because some of the points you made is true, they're far too stupid, far to "followers of a trend EVEN if they say they dont," and yeah, they do have stupid hair.

Emo, in my opinion, and im sure like all other types of music it is to the individual on how he portrays it.

Emo is all about the lyrics. The cleverness, the way they're put together and generally more whats said than the way its said.

Paramore? I love them. Plus Hayley is fit!

Thats the most truth you've ever spoken. Paramore are a decent band, but like some bands, too much is too much with them. If i listen to more than a couple of hours i start to dislike the band. They're fantastic though.

Last edited:
i dont like paramore but yes the bird is indeedy fit and is very wellcome into my home (as long as she can cook ;))

i dont like paramore but yes the bird is indeedy fit and is very wellcome into my home (as long as she can cook ;))

After your video links I'm not suprised you don't like them! :p

As I keep stating in this thread, a lot of people don't like emo music. I however do....don't know why....and don't care that you people don't. I understand people have their preferences. But I love punk rock, and emo. Just the way I am!

Evo - I just read that the Gallows are officially the loudest band in the world, beating Mogwar in terms of decibels. They are quite good actually, I don't normally find Punk Rock all that good to listen to, but some of their riffs are quite good.

They'd easily get a crowd going with their stuff, let's just say. Orchestra of Wolves is probably their best song from their myspace.

EDIT - the vocals are not my thing at all though, sounds like someone his squeezing his jewels, and he is screaming from the agony.

Last edited:
The Feeling was two years ago, and they were generic and rubbish. The Hoosiers I can't fault you on. Although they're getting very boring now. Stringing themselves out.

This week I have mostly been listening to;

The Charlatans
Muse
Hard-Fi
Oasis
The Hives
Kasabian
Eminem
Klaxons
The Detectives of Pigeon related cases
Placebo
Babyshambles
The KFC advert people

"Hey son, what is thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat on your head!"
"Leave him alone barreh, we can't all be into the saaaaaaaaaame things!"
"It's okay mom, it must be terrible being married to a SLAAAAPHEAD!"

Lmao. Good times.

Lol. Barreh.

"He likes crispy strips, you like chicken on a booooone. And stuff..."

FutureSex/LoveSounds is a fb album! So many good songs on there, JT is a legend.

All of JT's songs, I find, have a very short shelf-life. I used to love My Love but now I hate it. Same with What Goes Around.

Users who are viewing this thread