General Music Thread

Foo Fighters are a great band. I still think it is amazing how the drummer of Nirvana is the lead guitarist and singer of the Foo Fighters. Very talented lol:)

If i ever listened to Rock kinda stuff, I'd listen to Foo Fighters.

Just been listening to Blur Best Of. How fricking awesome are they !!. All 4 of the first 4 songs are fantastic songs, Beetlebum, Song 2, There's No Other Way, and The Universal. If it gets any better from here this is one hell of an album. I'd never really listened to much of Blur before today, i've had the best of on my iPod and PC for months and months and never really bothered to have a full listen through. Blur are fantastic.

I've just invested in "Mothership" a best of album by Led Zeppelin. Puts modern music to shame. 40 years going and it still stands the test of time.

Foo Fighters are a great band. I still think it is amazing how the drummer of Nirvana is the lead guitarist and singer of the Foo Fighters. Very talented lol:)

The Foo's, daym what a fantastic band, the old stuff and new stuff is superb.

The lead is fantastic, Dave Grohl. He's one of the best in his area, but to be the drummer of such a band like Nivana, but to then go on to make his own top titling band like the Foo's is something not everyone is talented enough.

There can't be any doubt about Dave Grohl's skill, and when you mix it with the likes of Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett ans Taylor Hawkins, you get a great band!!

Elvis ain't dead isn't a bad song i must admit. Not a fan of Scouting for Girls but they've produced two decent songs, but thier musical talant is far better than thier writing skills. The album as far as lyrics goes is absolute crap, music wise, pretty decent, even though i'm not a fan.

been listening to a hell of a lot of pink floyd over the last 2 days, music you can close your eyes and just lose yourself in, i strongly recommend anyone who hasnt heard dark side of the moon to listen to it as soon as possible

The Foo's, daym what a fantastic band, the old stuff and new stuff is superb.

The lead is fantastic, Dave Grohl. He's one of the best in his area, but to be the drummer of such a band like Nivana, but to then go on to make his own top titling band like the Foo's is something not everyone is talented enough.

There can't be any doubt about Dave Grohl's skill, and when you mix it with the likes of Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett ans Taylor Hawkins, you get a great band!!

Elvis ain't dead isn't a bad song i must admit. Not a fan of Scouting for Girls but they've produced two decent songs, but thier musical talant is far better than thier writing skills. The album as far as lyrics goes is absolute crap, music wise, pretty decent, even though i'm not a fan.

Aye, most Scouting For Girls songs consist of the first two lines, repeated again and again in different keys and speeds. It's dreadful.

Aye, most Scouting For Girls songs consist of the first two lines, repeated again and again in different keys and speeds. It's dreadful.

Yup, thats what i was getting at, its a lot of repitition.

Thier musical talant is promising, but thier lyrical talant needs moving on.

I'm going to the Foo Fighters gig at Wembley on June 6th. \o/

This month i'm going watching the Wombats, Editors, Jose Gonzalez and unfortunately, The Kooks as well.

I can't wait for Leeds this year either.

Yes Dave Grohl that is what his name is. I could not remember it. Yeah i agree he is part of 2 terrific bands in the space of about 20 odd years. He also did backup vocals for Nirvana.

Yes Dave Grohl that is what his name is. I could not remember it. Yeah i agree he is part of 2 terrific bands in the space of about 20 odd years. He also did backup vocals for Nirvana.

He did indeed, I was never a fan of Nirvana, i don't know why not, they're a good band, but i just didn't like them.

The Foo's on the other hand, cant wait for them to re-tour the UK :D Because i'm there!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread