General Music Thread

Yeah LP have some nice aggresive songs. But to really get pumped I recommend some old metallica, Master of Puppets is good.

Hmm, Hunters and Collectors anyone? XD

If you're into a bit of rockera, Meatloaf is the best!

BBC 4 now, "They came from Manchester", about music coming from Manchester. Oasis, Stone Roses, Joy Division, Simply Red, just shows how much Manchester has contributed to music.

BBC 4 now, "They came from Manchester", about music coming from Manchester. Oasis, Stone Roses, Joy Division, Simply Red, just shows how much Manchester has contributed to music.

Not a fan of Joy Division or Simply Red, but Oasis and Stone Roses are immense. Ian Brown's a ledge. I Wanna be Adored and Waterfall are 2 of my favourite songs of all time, awesome stuff. Oasis- Aquiesce is a boss tune as well.

I wish Noel Gallagher wasn't such a *insert expletive* though, he's arrogant as hell.

Not a fan of Joy Division or Simply Red, but Oasis and Stone Roses are immense. Ian Brown's a ledge. I Wanna be Adored and Waterfall are 2 of my favourite songs of all time, awesome stuff. Oasis- Aquiesce is a boss tune as well.

And I told you about them :cool:

Best of You - Foo Fighters

Seems to work for me.

Back in Black - AC/DC

Also works.

Depends on what kinda music you like. Hard rock/metal is easily the best music for this. I'd go with someone like Metallica or AC/DC, especially DC's stuff from the 70s and early 80s. Back In Black, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, TNT, Whole Lotta Rosie, Let There Be Rock, Shoot to Thrill, etc are really loud songs and really get me going at times. If You Want Blood (You've Got It) is the ultimate blood pumper for me. Some Rage... does the trick as well.

Cheers guys, I've had AC DC albums but never actually listened to them properly, Back is Black is quite good :cheers. This will certainly keep me going for a while...

I wish Noel Gallagher wasn't such a *insert expletive* though, he's arrogant as hell.

Haha, I actually like that about him though. I like arrogance, I suppose that's why KP's my favourite player. It's also why Viv Richards is another of my favourite cricketers. Noel's arrogant for a reason, he's a member of one of the most successful British bands of all time, and has helped write some of the best British songs of the modern era. I'm not a fan of arrogance when people haven't achieved anything, such as Big Brother contestants, but in a sportsman or musician, arrogance is a good feature I think.

I find the following get me pumped:

All my Life - Foo Fighters
Any of the Rage against the Machine stuff
Helicopter - Bloc Party
Sirens - Dizzee Rascal
Toxicity/Chop Suey - System of a Down

In other news reading festival rules!

Kurt Nilsen <3 Fantastic rendition of a brilliant song, He's got an awesome voice. She's So High's an awesome tune by him as well, got it on my iPod, tune and a half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is for those who haven't heard it. I'm in love with this song.

It's from MetallicaTV so no problem there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread