General Music Thread

So I was reading through this thread and decided to check out some of the bands mentioned:

The Cribs: Fantastic, "Men's Needs and Don't you Wanna be Relevant" are immense songs

The Wombats: Had already heard them, but checked a few songs I haven't heard. Good stuff.

Joy Division: Fantastic, I'm majorly into punk so was automatically a good choice.

Cannibal Corpse: Meh, kinda okay but not up to Pantera's standard.

There was more but I can't be bothered listing them :p

Anyway, suggestion for anyone who likes punk:

The Exploited, great stuff, songs are short, it being hardcore punk, but what they pack into them is fantastic

Trap 6: If you like Indie you'll like em

http://www.myspace.com/trap6

Only two songs on there for some reason but definetly good ones.

Downloaded The Streets- Everything is Borrowed. I've listened to the full album and I have to say, it's not anywhere near as bad as I thought it'd be. I'm certainly enjoying it thus far, very easy to listen to, some catchy beats and decent lyrics. Enjoyable. 8/10.

/chav.

Cannibal Corpse: Meh, kinda okay but not up to Pantera's standard.

Haha what? That's like comparing Pink Floyd to Megadeth. Completely different genres as far as I'm concerned.

Although, if you are interested in death metal, I've heard good things about Parkway Drive.

I'm not majorly in to more extreme metal, apart from thrash, excuse my mistake :p.

Death Metal is good, I'll check them out.

Dig out your soul - Oasis:cool:

"I'm Outta time" is quality.

Also liking the shock of the lightening.

Last edited:

Lead is with Katy Perry. Lucky *******...

Last edited by a moderator:
New music in my collection:

Muse
David Bowie
The Dissociatives
Journey
Powderfinger
Ben Lee
The Cat Empire

Plenty more on the way too ;)

AC/DC tickets go on sale for Chicago in less than an hour. The events they opened up yesterday were sold out in 4 minutes....

Dig out your soul - Oasis:cool:

"I'm Outta time" is quality.

Also liking the shock of the lightening.
Just loving this album more and more now, getting better with every listen. "The turning" is superb! "Bag it up" as well the opener - "I've got my heebeejeebes in a hidden bag:cool:". "I'm Outta Time" is definitely the best though.

Last edited:
Yes!! Got the tickets. Sent the request through 15 seconds after they went on sale and the best I was able to get was upper level. :eek: At least they're right in front of the stage.

USD 105. That's including all the 'convenience charges' ticketmaster likes to charge. The Chicago show filled up faster than Metallica sold out on their fans in the 90s. They added another show for that same weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread