General Music Thread

Just loving this album more and more now, getting better with every listen. "The turning" is superb! "Bag it up" as well the opener - "I've got my heebeejeebes in a hidden bag:cool:". "I'm Outta Time" is definitely the best though.

Just downloaded myself. Will have a proper listen in abit, but I've listened to the first track and second tracks and they're pretty bloody awesome. Hopefully it'll be Oasis back on form as personally I found the last album abit dissapointing.

Just downloaded myself. Will have a proper listen in abit, but I've listened to the first track and second tracks and they're pretty bloody awesome. Hopefully it'll be Oasis back on form as personally I found the last album abit dissapointing.
Spot on, the last couple of tracks on this aren't great, but the first 6 or 7 or so really do make up for it!

Gervais and Merchant have done it again. Richard Ashcroft is bloody brilliant. I've been listening to their XFM radio shows from a few years back and they played many Ashcroft songs, but I never got round to listening to any of his stuff. Well, I'm now downloading loads of his stuff after listening to a couple of songs. Not only are The Verve awesome, but as a solo artist Ashcroft is brilliant.

Anyone else seen that DJ AM and Travis Barker, Formerly of Blink 182, are in a critical condition after being in an airplane accident?

Yeah I did, I like Blink-182, hope he's alright.

I'm feeling Pendulum tonight, Tarantula is a class tune.

I have a new CD =D First one I've bought since the first Arctic Monkeys album. Tis the Best Of Bowie 74-79. 18 quality Bowie tunes, love it. David Bowie is far and away my favourite artist atm.

Forget Oasis and Kings of Leon, Cold War Kids have released the best album of the month. It's class. Even if you haven't listened to them before, give them a go. Fantastic band.

And on the Oasis note, i'm a bit disapointed to be honest but there are 3 or 4 tracks that are good. Although to be honest, as much as I love Oasis they will never ever return to their Definitely Maybe (morning) glory days.

Also, i've just listened to the track 'Human' which the Killers have just uploaded onto their Myspace. It's from their forthcoming album and I think it's very very decent indeed.

And one final and slightly off topic note, Pritchard and Dainton are performing live at the Chicago Rock in St.Helens on November 5th. I'd just like to gloat about the fact that i've got my tickets already. :cool:

Got Metallica's new album. Fast and heavy, a return to the glory days.

Also, i've just listened to the track 'Human' which the Killers have just uploaded onto their Myspace. It's from their forthcoming album and I think it's very very decent indeed.

They played it at Leeds! Great tune :D

Going out with, who's she going out with!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been getting more and more into indie lately, Razorlight and Kaiser Chioefs being my two favourites atm.

Users who are viewing this thread