General Music Thread

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMIX!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since when did so many people start like crap music?!

NP seems the only one with good taste. As for me i've pretty much given up with music as ive seen my ultimate band and doesnt look like their touring again. Rage against the machine rule :D. Also when you've seen Rage and Metallica theres not much left these days.

As for me i've pretty much given up with music as ive seen my ultimate band and doesnt look like their touring again. Rage against the machine rule :D. Also when you've seen Rage and Metallica theres not much left these days.

I hear Parlor Mob, however new, are a pretty decent live band, but they're probably not big enough to tour outside of the US. AC/DC are going on tour this year and will probably be in UK by next summer. Probably a bit expensive but always worth a watch and would easily blow most younger bands out of the water.

I was at a RATM concert last year, they were incredible to say the least. Topped off by the fact that most of the songs they played were from the debut album.

RATM's new stuff seemed toned down tbh.

Anyway, I made a list of my top 10 songs:

10. The Clash- I Fought the Law
9. Sex Pistols-Problems
8. Green Day- Longview
7. Less than Jake- All my Best Friends are Metal Heads
6. Metallica-One
5. Queen-Brighton Rock
4. Ice Cube- Today was a Good Day
3. Rage Against The Machine- Killing in the Name
2. Sum 41- Motivation
1. Rakim- Follow the Leader

Haha, I remember when I used to have top 10 lists. Found it an utterly useless exercise as it kept changing from one day to the next.

Yeah I'm the same. Tried really hard this time, a couple there I kinda think shouldn't be lol.

Yeah I can hardly decide on a favorite song by a single band much less 10 of my favorites. :p

Although at this point in time:

1. Whats Next To The Moon - AC/DC
2. Muk Gaye Ne - Junoon
3. Jailbreak - AC/DC
4. Ghoom - Junoon
5. Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
6. Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
7. Sweet Child of Mine - Guns 'n Roses
8. Everything You're Breathing For - The Parlor Mob
9. All Along The Watch Tower - Jimi Hendrix
10. Toxic - Mourning Son

nightprowler10 added 5 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Racist ;) haha

You know I actually tried listening to that, I really did.

Did you know they came up with the name AC/DC by looking on the back of an iron?. :laugh.

Did you know they came up with the name AC/DC by looking on the back of an iron?. :laugh.

Vacuum cleaner, if you go by the official story. It was Angus and Malcolm's sister who named the band, turn them on to rock 'n roll, and suggested the schoolboy outfit. Funny thing was that they were all completely unaware of the sexual connotations the word carried and were amazed when they started getting gigs at gay bars. :laugh

BTW, there's not much I don't know about AC/DC. ;)

You could go by the most played on iTunes...

Also Green Day is one of those bands that I have been wanting to get into for a while now. I like "When I Come Around", great song.

I've only started listening to Muse over the last month, top stuff but it takes a few listens to get used to.

Top Ten Lists never work with me so I'll just name a few songs that I really like by a few artists I listen to.

AC/DC- Highway to Hell, Back in Black, Thunderstruck, T.N.T
Metallica- Master of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fuel, Nothing Else Matters, The Day That Never Comes
Megadeth- Symphony of Destruction, Hangar 18, Skin O' My Teeth, Tornado of Souls
Kasabian- Club Foot, LSF, Shoot The Runner
Aerosmith- Dude Looks Like Lady
Black Sabbath- Ironman
Ozzy Osbourne- I Don't Wanna Stop

Obviously I listen to a lot more music from many more genres but these are the songs that came to mind right now.

Users who are viewing this thread