General Music Thread

He's the only original member left in G'N'R, isn't he? Slash, Duffy and the drummer went to Velvet Revolver iirc.

I liked Videotape a lot - it ranks with high for me. Reckoner was good as well.

In Rainbows was brilliant. I've still yet to hear a better album than Kid A. I've been listening to Radiohead religiously for well over 10 years. Love them.
Ever see that 'remix' of Nude? The creator considered the lyrics and transferred them to the idea of obsolete hardware getting "big ideas" and trying to play the song. He admits it doesn't sound brilliant, but it does strike a chord in places, especially the 'vocalist'.

Funnily enough, I thought the bootlegs of Big Ideas that floated around for years before it was recorded as Nude were much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh he is. He bought the rights to the name from the other band members. Velvet Revolver are more GnR than Axl tbh. Now listened to the whole album, my mini review:

Should have delayed it for another 10 years. Nothing on here is anywhere close to the levels of quality included in songs like Paradise City, Sweet Child of Mine or Welcome To The Jungle. IRS is a good song, well listenable to anyway, but the rest of this album is nothing short of awful. It feels to me like Axl's just spent 9 years 51 weeks in getting pissed and lazing about, and rushed a weeks worth of work to put this together. The background music sounds like it's made on those cheap Keyboards used in High School music classes. Then the drums sound ridiculously electrical, most of the time sounding like Axl's just popped down Argos and bought one of those electric drum kits.

Axl's voice sounds almost as good as it did in the old days of GnR, but the songs themselves really let him down. The start of the album is completely shocking, it perks up abit for IRS and Madagascar, but then falls off again from there. If you're a fan of the original GnR tracks, then you're better off finding some Velvet Revolver albums, they've got more original GnR members anyway. It's worth listening to if you're an Axl/GnR fan, but if you just like 1 or 2 of their original tunes then you'll hate this.

5/10. Another 10 years work might make it worth listening to.

Not great really. Shackler's Revenge is one of the worst proper songs I've heard for ages. Really bad, just doesn't sound right at all.

I might be goin to see Oasis in Manchester. I hope we can book a coach trip.

I got my tickets for Oasis at Wembley yesterday. But it's Kasabian's support act i'm more interested in. It's a shame the Enemy have to be there though. Absolute tossers.

That has got to be a first! Going to a concert to see the suport act.

You pums need to check out some of the sickest MCs out there:
Devlin - white MC dat spits HARD simply put a lyrical MERKER
Skepta and Wiley - Nuff said
Chipmunk - youth talent and recently won best newcomer
Devil Man - "its the DEVelopment" JOKEST BARS ON ROAD
Wretch 32 - geting good now

Time to turn off that emo screamo crap

MC'ing is for chavs, and not just ordinary chavs (they listen to dance crap) but those of them who think they could take on 20 guys in one fight, and think they're the hardest guy in the world.

MC'ing is just talking quick, it isn't an art.

MC'ing is for chavs, and not just ordinary chavs (they listen to dance crap) but those of them who think they could take on 20 guys in one fight, and think they're the hardest guy in the world.

My thoughts exactly but the people who listen to it think it is an art and that no one else can do it apart from the 'pros' but it's not hard to speak into a mic very fast is it?

I piss people off every day from talking too much, if i could get paid for that and tour the world, i'd be laughing!

By that "dance crap" you mean like Bassline or what? I think bassline is sick still.
Also, to come up with the quality of bars that MCs produce takes skill. To MC to a beat is hard. You need to keep in rythm, remember all your bars and all that. It aint that easy either especially if youre freestylin. Watch any of them sick MCs freestyle and you'll see what I mean. i can't see you spitting off the top of your head and still making it sound sick. You obviously have different tastes so i aint really gonna change your mind am I?

-1-

By that "dance crap" you mean like Bassline or what? I think bassline is sick still.
Also, to come up with the quality of bars that MCs produce takes skill. To MC to a beat is hard. You need to keep in rythm, remember all your bars and all that. It aint that easy either especially if youre freestylin. Watch any of them sick MCs freestyle and you'll see what I mean. i can't see you spitting off the top of your head and still making it sound sick. You obviously have different tastes so i aint really gonna change your mind am I?

-1-

Its definetley a skill and very hard I'll grant that but why on earth would you want to listen to someone talk quickly is beyond me, but each to their own I guess.

Don't see how you cant understand my posts cuz Im sure everyone else can.

-1-

I'm sorry, but whats that? "-1-", is that signing off your posts or something, because i'm pretty sure I can read your usertitle and know its you.

I agree with Themer, a guy who can talk really quick isn't anything spectacular. Ooooooohhhh, just because he keeps to a beat makes him so unbelievably good.

Look at guys like Michael Buble who make a living on thier voices, thats who get my respect. I don't like Indie, but as a community, Indie-based music brings together 10's of thousands of people. Glasto-Leeds-Reading, all have somewhat of an Indie feel, and these one a year things bring in so many people its untrue. For the rock followers, we have Kerrang Download Festival, which is hit and miss but people still go.

MC's bring in what? maybe a 100 in a night club for one night?

I see some kind of problem here,

Well, I better keep it "real," and sign off my posts to.

-3-

Nar cuz -1- is short for like one love and what u say wen u mean sfe inabit or whatever so you cant just put -3- down.

Anyway to be fair, an MCs bars are miles better than some pum Indie manz "lyrics".

-1-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread