General Music Thread

Wow that is perhaps the worst comment ive heard. But id expect it from someone who judges performances but how they look on youtube. Let me guess you reckon the killers are well good live aswell. There are plenty of bands out there that are brilliant performers: Metallica, Rage against the Machine, The Subways, Dizzee Rascal, Foo Fighters, The Cribs, Possibly the verve... Its a pretty narrow minded comment to make a before you ask yes i have seen most the bands i listed. Just because it sounds good on CD doesnt mean it translates to a good live performance. Plus Kasabian suck.

You obviously forget that Music is completely subjective. There's no such thing as a bad song, as there will always be someone out there who likes it, and it suits their music tastes. Personally I don't like the bands you mentioned, other than Foo Fighters, Cribs and The Verve. I may not have been to see any big bands live, but you can get a good idea of a performance from watching a video clip, and from what I've seen of The Killers, they're pretty good live, Mr Brightside is fantastic live.

Also, as for the Kasabain suck comment. I'm not going to contest it, if that's your opinion then fair enough, I'm personally a massive fan, as are quite a few members on here. But you're clearly hunting for an argument with such a ridiculous comment. I have no problem with someone not liking a band, or a game or whatever, as long as they back it up. Making a comment like "*insert something here* sucks" is just asking to start an argument, and it's a pretty snipy comment tbh. Your whole post loses any ounce of dignity that it had with a comment like that.

I also agree with the Muse being over-rated comments. I like them, they've got some good tunes, and they're good live, but personally I don't think they're one of the best bands in the world. I'd much rather listen to The Cribs, Arctic Monkeys, Verve, Oasis etc tbh. They're definitely listenable to though, and the album of there's that I have got is a decent listen.

Hower, Radiohead blow them out of the water on everything.

Probably the best band in the world in my opinion. ;)
In Rainbows was awesome and if you listen to their earlier tracks it shows how they have changed and developed over the years.

Videotape and Faust Arp my personal favourites from that album, well worth a listen

Probably the best band in the world in my opinion. ;)
In Rainbows was awesome and if you listen to their earlier tracks it shows how they have changed and developed over the years.

Videotape and Faust Arp my personal favourites from that album, well worth a listen

I liked Videotape a lot - it ranks with high for me. Reckoner was good as well.

In Rainbows was brilliant. I've still yet to hear a better album than Kid A. I've been listening to Radiohead religiously for well over 10 years. Love them.

Funny you should mention AC/DC, i was watching TV yesterday and saw an advert for some kind of AC/DC release, not the new album (although it was mentioned), maybe some kind of a greatest hits, and it really shows in a few song clips how good AC/DC were.
I'd say it was an ad for the No Bull DVD, which is a concert video of their 1996 show in Madrid. They don't do greatest hits, ever. I was actually watching that DVD two days ago and it gave me chills all over again.
AC/DC are a bit up and down for every good song they have theres about 4 bad songs until another good one. Spose they'd be good seeing a greatest hits live show but not too much touring a single album.

I obviously don't agree with the bad songs bit, but yeah the quality of their stuff post 1983 (amounts to only 5 of their albums) has been inconsistent. Rest assured, most of the songs played in their concerts are from the 70s and 80s. They know what people want to hear so they dig deep into their massive back catalog and pull out some gems. Their latest concert video from 2001 had only two or three songs from their post 90s stuff.

In fact I'd recommend the 2001 DVD (Stiff Upper Lip Live) to anyone who likes rock music. Angus was 46 at the time and he's amazing.

Recommend me more Brit bands!

Arctic Monkeys are my personal favourite band of all time, but there are others like Led Zeppelin or i do like a bit of Radiohead from time to time, but with Radiohead i think it is an aquired taste. Not a band you can just pick up and listen to.

Now here's a question for you Jimmy Page or Angus Young?

Now here's a question for you Jimmy Page or Angus Young?

Well depends on how we're comparing the two, musically or live performances. Musically, Page easily. Jimmy Page was so multi-dimensional and such a technically sound guitarist. Angus may have had better guitar solos but overall its not even close. Now if we're talking live performances, from what I've seen of both bands, Angus wins here.

I know there are a few fans of Fall Out Boy on here, Just wondering whether those who like them are pre-ordering Folie a Deux or waiting for it to release in the shops?

I've just ordered the pre-order off the official Fall Out Boy page, comes with a load of stuff like a hoodie, t-shirt, posters and a USB stick with extras on it. Now ofcourse I payed for it, $162 US dollars, which is roughly £95. So expensive due to shipping costs, but I'm not one little bit bothered.

Now I know for a fact there are a good few haters out there, so do me a favour and don't pop up slagging FoB off, just for the sake of it, its pretty pathetic.

You paid £95 for an album that comes with a hoodie a t-shirt, posters and a USB stick? Lol. Not even a David Bowie album would be worth that ;) I can't say i'm a fan of Fallout Boy, but they've got some alright tracks, Dance Dance is a good tune. Can't say i'll be downloading this album though, unless a few of the singles are decent.

Discovered The Script today. They're brilliant.

You pums need to check out some of the sickest MCs out there:
Devlin - white MC dat spits HARD simply put a lyrical MERKER
Skepta and Wiley - Nuff said
Chipmunk - youth talent and recently won best newcomer
Devil Man - "its the DEVelopment" JOKEST BARS ON ROAD
Wretch 32 - geting good now

Time to turn off that emo screamo crap

Last edited:
You pums need to check out some of the sickest MCs out there:
Devlin - white MC dat spits HARD simply put a lyrical MERKER
Skepta and Wiley - Nuff said
Chipmunk - youth talent and recently won best newcomer
Devil Man - "its the DEVelopment" JOKEST BARS ON ROAD
Wretch 32 - geting good now

Time to turn off that emo screamo crap

Although I don't like Fall Out Boy suggesting they listen to something worst isn't the way forward :p

Discovered The Script today. They're brilliant.

Good work, The Script's album is superb. I pikey'd the CD from my Sister and stuck it on my iPod, fantastic album. Rusty Halo's an awesome song, infact the whole album is pretty fantastic.

In other news:

Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannonball
Where were you while we were getting high?
Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the landslide
In a champagne supernova in the sky

<3 Champagne Supernova. What a tune. Loving this song atm, Oasis are brilliant. Noel Gallagher's a genius. Obsessed with Oasis atm :D

Just listening to Chinese Democracy- Guns N Roses

Got the album. Listened to the first 5 songs. Awful, well, IRS is alright, but the other 3 are woeful. I can see why Axl's been continually delaying this, it's pretty shocking tbh. The first 3 songs give me the impression that there'll be nothing on here that anywhere near matches Sweet Child of Mine or Welcome To The Jungle. Awful. Go back to listening to Oasis I think.

Users who are viewing this thread