General Music Thread

I don't think you can compare the 2 tbh. Music's incredibly subjective, and Eamon finds MC'ing more to his tastes than the lyrical genius of Michael Bublé, it's up to him. I don't agree, but I'm not going to contest it's worth. MC'ing does take a hell of alot of skill, especially the freestylers, and I seriously doubt that anyone could be a successful MC, it's a very impressive talent to have, and I respect the good MC's immensely for it.

-786234-

I don't think you can compare the 2 tbh. Music's incredibly subjective, and Eamon finds MC'ing more to his tastes than the lyrical genius of Michael Bublé, it's up to him. I don't agree, but I'm not going to contest it's worth. MC'ing does take a hell of alot of skill, especially the freestylers, and I seriously doubt that anyone could be a successful MC, it's a very impressive talent to have, and I respect the good MC's immensely for it.

Thats what I mean. I never said your guys were bad I just think my manz are better. I aint gonna fault you for listening to your own music but you obviously will have a go at me for listening to lyrical merkers such as Chipmunk.

So none of you guys even like N Dubz? They agot 2 MCs but the gash sings aswell as be pretty.
N Dubz - Papa is a sickboi choon. Listen to it. They don't rap about shanks and gunz either.
-1-

Nope, lyrical geniuses are people like Edgar Allen Poe or Banjo Patterson. If I want to listen to someone talk about their problems really fast, I'll go up to a teenage girl.

Just because you don't like that type of music does not mean it isn't a form of art. A few of you are dumbing it down far too much. Even I don't listen to that type of music but I know it's not a walk in the park. You may say a guitar solo is much harder however that's your opinion and there is noone to judge which one of the two is more difficult to do as everyone has different abilities and talents which they choose to exhibit in different manners and in this case, different genres of music.

ALL music is a form of art.
And you have to adopt an humility, really, to accept the premise, which is a two-way street. Maybe that allows a rap fan to understand something as divergent as the music of Johnny Cash, but maybe it also means that person finds himself feeling one dimensional on exposure to the likes of Saul Williams.

Hmm, well my favourite artist of all time is Tupac.

But thats the only rap I can even stand listening to. The other 99% of my music tastes are fullying lodged in the alt/indie camp. The ony one I can think of who isn't is Fred Astaire.

Weird.

That again, is an opinion. There are no boundaries in the field of art. That is the fallacy of composition. What is good for one isn't necessarily good for the rest and vice versa (though the fallacy of composition isn't vice versa :p).

Last edited:
Nah, there's good music and bad music, that's a fact. Which music is good and which is bad is an opinion, but there are some we can all agree on.

Well I don't know if anyone here has heard of Noah and the Whale (probably not) but if you have I've just been to see them in Edinburgh and then for a drink afterwards.
Turns out I went to school with 3 of the 4 of them...

Watsonian scum...Must be bad with a name like that. Not that surprised if they went to George Watsons. They have trouble working out how to walk and talk at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread