General Music Thread

I'm afraid Muse just absolutely blow David Bowie away Dan.

Sorry Matthew, but I have to disagree with you. Bowie's the greatest Live performer I've ever seen. Muse are easily the best current band, it would be Oasis if it was just Noel, but I'm not a huge fan of Liam's voice anymore, he's definitely lost some of his talent, whereas Noel is getting better. Bowie is my favourite Live artist of all time, his voice never lost any of its pitch, and if anything got better as the years went on. If you find his performance of Ziggy Stardust on Youtube from Jonathan Ross in 2002, it's bloody superb. I'd much rather watch Bowie over Muse tbh.

You've seen David Bowie Dan?

Anyway I don't disagree with what you're saying, but Muse are still the greatest live act i've had the privilige of going to see. Closely followed by Kasabian. I first saw Muse live at Leeds in 2006. Amazing.

No, I've not been to see him, but I've watched soooo many of his live performances on Youtube that I pretty much have :p.

I'd agree that Muse are the greatest Live band currently doing the circuits, although I've not seen them myself, I've seen a few of their performances on Youtube once more, and they're pretty fantastic. Only Oasis and Kasabian come close to them I'd say.

I'm not a massive Bowie fan, but he is far and away a better performer than Muse. Been around for ages & loads of variation (some absolute pants stuff mind). TBH I think most modern bands are left trailing when it comes to live performances from the cream of past bands and artists. It's nothing to do with the music either.

Only Oasis and Kasabian come close to them I'd say.

Wow that is perhaps the worst comment ive heard. But id expect it from someone who judges performances but how they look on youtube. Let me guess you reckon the killers are well good live aswell. There are plenty of bands out there that are brilliant performers: Metallica, Rage against the Machine, The Subways, Dizzee Rascal, Foo Fighters, The Cribs, Possibly the verve... Its a pretty narrow minded comment to make a before you ask yes i have seen most the bands i listed. Just because it sounds good on CD doesnt mean it translates to a good live performance. Plus Kasabian suck.

I don't like Muse that much anymore, it's annoying how everyone likes them. And Muse have terrible lyrics, and 90% of their songs follow the same structure, which annoys the hell out of me. However they are extremely talent and are great performers and their sound is amazing for a 3 man band.

Hower, Radiohead blow them out of the water on everything.

But of course, music is entirely opinion.

Last edited:
I don't like Muse that much anymore, it's annoying how everyone likes them. And Muse have terrible lyrics, and 90% of their songs follow the same structure, which annoys the hell out of me. However they are extremely talent and are great performers and their sound is amazing for a 3 man band.

Hower, Radiohead blow them out of the water on everything.

But of course, music is entirely opinion.

Sanity at last! Thank you sir!

None of you have obviously ever seen AC/DC live.

Funny you should mention AC/DC, i was watching TV yesterday and saw an advert for some kind of AC/DC release, not the new album (although it was mentioned), maybe some kind of a greatest hits, and it really shows in a few song clips how good AC/DC were.

AC/DC are a bit up and down for every good song they have theres about 4 bad songs until another good one. Spose they'd be good seeing a greatest hits live show but not too much touring a single album.

Users who are viewing this thread