General Music Thread

I think i'm going to Wembley to see them. Haven't been in touch with my mate since Thursday so I don't know how he got on with regards to buying a few. I'm only interested in it for Kasabian anyway; they aren't as good live as they used to be. I dunno why, but maybe it's down to Liam really struggling with his voice these days and the fact that Noel just loves himself a bit too much. But still, it should be a good gig if they play mostly the classic stuff rather than the disapointing new album.

But I digress, Miles Kane is class. And he looks like Joey Barton as well.

Sorry Matt, but I've just downloaded Iglu & Hartly's album. I've been pleasantly surprised though, it's started bloody well. Incredibly catchy tunes, all the first 3 songs on the album are very good actually. Far more enjoyable that I thought it would be =D. Downloaded the new Kings of Leon album as well, I've heard they're pretty good but never given them a listen.

Ugly dohdohdohdohdohdohdohs but decent tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded the new Kings of Leon album as well, I've heard they're pretty good but never given them a listen.
I really like it, I had to listen it thru a couple of times before it really grew on me, probably because Because of the Times (their last album) was a lot to live up to.

Haha fair enough :p. I'm really enjoying this Iglu & Hartly album though, it's actually really good fun to listen to. I've not heard anything this upbeat for ages, every song sounds fairly similar, but I suppose that's just their sound, and I like it. Nice little album to have, always worth adding to my growing music collection. Got it up to 10gb now, so I'm happy with that :D.

I've not listened to the Kings of Leon album yet, but it is supposed to be pretty good. I liked their single that they released recently, and it's good to listen to new bands, never know, might encourage me to download their back catalogue, I've been hearing about them for a while.

Downloading the Kaiser's new album as well :p Even if it is supposed to be pretty poor, I liked their last one.

Yeah, I agree on the Kings of Leon album, it does take a bit to get in to, but once you've listened to it a few times, it's great. Love 'revelry' and '17'. They're hardly a new band Dan:p.

Yeah, I agree on the Kings of Leon album, it does take a bit to get in to, but once you've listened to it a few times, it's great. Love 'revelry' and '17'. They're hardly a new band Dan:p.

Yeh I know that, i'm not mental. I meant they're new to me, and hence a new band for me. Get with the times Phillis.

Now listening to the Kaisers new one. I've not heard great things, i've heard there are some dodgy vocals, some very poor songs and rubbish lyrics. But the first songs alright, so i'm hopeful.

Kaiser Chiefs new album isn't that good but neither was Angry Mob. Thing that makes the Kaisers good though is that they can really perform well live and makes up for two below par albums. I'd prefer a band to be good live rather than have a fantastic studio recorded album. For example, Empire wasn't actually that good, but Kasabian are fantastic live and they make every track sound amazing. That's what the Kaiser Chiefs are good at as well.

And as i've mentioned, i'm in such a Rascals mood lately. To make up for you're liking of Igul and his mate Dan, just downlo....sorry purchase Rascalize. Here's two of the highlights from it;

Both from their official record label's channel so don't go having a period over it anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been listening to a few AC/DC tracks on youtube. Very good songs. Highway to Hell, TNT, Back in Black. Heard a lot of them before but didn't know who they were by.

Those three are considered AC/DC's signature songs. Others include You Shook Me All Night Long, Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, For Those About To Rock (We Salute You), Whole Lotta Rosie, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Let There Be Rock, Rock 'n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution. I would recommend buying the Back In Black album, there isn't a single soul that I know that doesn't enjoy that album.

Personally I disagree Matt, I listen to music at home and on the go all the time, but I'm not really a concert man, I've only been to one (Grinspoon) and though it was great and I went crowd surfing which was lots of fun, I still think that a good album will last longer than good live performances.

And as i've mentioned, i'm in such a Rascals mood lately. To make up for you're liking of Igul and his mate Dan, just downlo....sorry purchase Rascalize. Here's two of the highlights from it;

Both from their official record label's channel so don't go having a period over it anyone.

I've just purchased.....:D I'll Give You Sympathy was enough to make me download it. I've been meaning to listen to some of their stuff after hearing you mentioning them. So I might as well download now =D. Any other decent newish bands to reccommend?

Users who are viewing this thread