General Music Thread

Dunno really. I've been off the scene for a a bit lately. Been concentrating more on college work for a change. You could purchase Live Lounge Volume 3 while you're at it though. It's a good listen.

Fair enough mate. I just had a few recommendations from another mate, now ordering ;):

You Me At Six- Take Off Your Colours
Boys like Girls- Boys like Girls
Kids in Glass Houses- Smart Casual

I'm getting back into Indie/Alternative music again after having a spell of listening to alot of David Bowie. Recently downloaded a fair few albums, Rascals, Kings of Leon, Kaisers, The Script, You Me At Six, Boys Like Girls, Kids in Glass Houses, and Iglu and Hartly.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate. I just had a few recommendations from another mate, now ordering ;):

You Me At Six- Take Off Your Colours
Boys like Girls- Boys like Girls
Kids in Glass Houses- Smart Casual

I'm getting back into Indie/Alternative music again after having a spell of listening to alot of David Bowie. Recently downloaded a fair few albums, Rascals, Kings of Leon, Kaisers, The Script, You Me At Six, Boys Like Girls, Kids in Glass Houses, and Iglu and Hartly.

Oh NO! You Me At Six just followed Fall Out Boy round the UK on tour, how are you ever going to listen to them again? Oh wait on, wrong person, you don't have a hatred for them without even knowing them properly!

I'm not overly a fan of them, but they did a decent set before FoB in Birmingham, which got the crowd going i suppose.

I hate Fallout Boy's style of music and the ridiculous mutton chop style sideburns of the little fat ginger one. I've got nothing against them personally nor do I have anything against the fans of their music. It's their choice who's music they listen to and some of my best mates listen to Fallout Boy. I've got nothing against it. I just hate the songs they play and i'm not a fan of Mutton Chops in the 21st century.

And for the record i've never took the time to listen to YM@6 so I can't comment on them.

I tell you what, Iglu and Hartly's album is fb. I've downloaded 5-6 albums in the past 2 days, but this is the only one that I've become a big fan of. I like the others alot, but this album is fantastic for a debut album. They've got a fantastic sound, the songs are incredibly catchy, and there are some potential big hits on this album. "Tommorow" and "DayGlo" are fantastic songs, DayGlow's probably my favourite one on the album tbh. Great stuff.

Last edited:
I hate Fallout Boy's style of music and the ridiculous mutton chop style sideburns of the little fat ginger one. I've got nothing against them personally nor do I have anything against the fans of their music. It's their choice who's music they listen to and some of my best mates listen to Fallout Boy. I've got nothing against it. I just hate the songs they play and i'm not a fan of Mutton Chops in the 21st century.

And for the record i've never took the time to listen to YM@6 so I can't comment on them.

:cheers Here, here. I draw the line at designer stubble, like moi.

Ah, for a second there, I thought you were talking about your face...

Since were talking about hygeine (vaguely) do I sound like a nutter if I say I keep getting an urge to get a cotton bud and burst my eardrum?.

Listening to Fall Out Boy makes me wanna do that too.

Oooooh yeah, back on topic.

Kings of Leon's new album is pretty good. Got some nice tracks there. Use Somebody is their best in my opinion. They're going mainstream now, they are quite a old band, according to my sis they have released like 5 albums.

Users who are viewing this thread