General Music Thread

Do you like any newer bands?
Not very many to be honest. I am more a hard rock/heavy metal fan and we know that not many bands of that genre are around any more.

Green day are good and so is Evanescence

I dont have any prefences for particular bands,but I generally like to hear Folk music and Country music.My fav singer in my teenage used to be Bryan Adams.

nightprowler10 said:
darick, do you visit a lot of AC/DC fansites?

Sometimes, yes. Usually I just listen to their music though. I do not have a favourite AC/DC singer: both Bon Scott and Brian Johnson have their merits, although I feel that AC/DC passed their prime after Johnson's first album (Back in Black).

Ritwik said:
Not very many to be honest. I am more a hard rock/heavy metal fan and we know that not many bands of that genre are around any more.

Green day are good and so is Evanescence
I see what you mean. Don't blame you. If you like good heavy stuff, I'd recommend Rage Against The Machine (their debut album) and System of a Down (Toxicity). No solos in the latter but the riffs make up for it.

Have you ever heard Buckcherry or Cassanovas?

darick said:
Sometimes, yes. Usually I just listen to their music though. I do not have a favourite AC/DC singer: both Bon Scott and Brian Johnson have their merits, although I feel that AC/DC passed their prime after Johnson's first album (Back in Black).
A couple of years ago I would've argued with you on that point about post-BIB stuff. But now that I've listened to them for a lot longer I know which ones are good and which ones have the longetivity factor like Powerage and Dirty Deeds do. Although, for me FTATR kicks a@s too.

How do you feel about Stiff Upper Lip?

Anyone got the new Chilli's album STadium Arcadium? Got it yesterday, not had time to go right through the 28 songs though yet.

nightprowler10 said:
A couple of years ago I would've argued with you on that point about post-BIB stuff. But now that I've listened to them for a lot longer I know which ones are good and which ones have the longetivity factor like Powerage and Dirty Deeds do. Although, for me FTATR kicks a@s too.

How do you feel about Stiff Upper Lip?

I haven't yet heard Stiff Upper Lip, FTATR is a bit drawn out for me and Powerage is a good album with one marvellous song (Sin City).

sid_19840 said:
I dont have any prefences for particular bands,but I generally like to hear Folk music and Country music.My fav singer in my teenage used to be Bryan Adams.

Bryan Adams! Hmm...

He's alright. Some of his music is quite unoriginal (Run To You) but on the same token, some of his songs aren't too bad. I have heard him while playing Vice City actually.

JamesyJames3 said:
Anyone got the new Chilli's album STadium Arcadium? Got it yesterday, not had time to go right through the 28 songs though yet.

Lucky, I ordered it but it still hasn't arrived. So far I've heard only 1 song on the radio off it.

sid_19840 said:
In your teenage? Siddo, I bet you are just a year out of it! Your words gives the impression that you are ancient. :p

Linkin Park is Ok! I like a few of Green day songs. I still enjoy Michael Learns to Rock.

Bala said:
In your teenage? Siddo, I bet you are just a year out of it! Your words gives the impression that you are ancient. :p

Early teens I meant 13-15.Lost interest thereafter.Nowerdays the only music I hear is while playing games or switching between channels on TV.

darick said:
I haven't yet heard Stiff Upper Lip, FTATR is a bit drawn out for me and Powerage is a good album with one marvellous song (Sin City).
Well Sin City was the only radio hit. I stay away from those if I can. Thats why 'You Shook Me All Night Long' will never make it into my top 10 and BIB (the album) is my third favorite AC/DC album.

Off Powerage though, I absolutely love 'What's Next To The Moon', the solo from 'Gone Shootin' and 'Kicked In The Teeth'. Riff Raff is good too. Reason I asked you about Stiff Upper Lip was that most people who hold your opinion about DC think SUL was the band going back to their bluesy roots. I tend to agree, and wanted to know what you thought.

You see, the reason I love bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC, they have songs besides the radio hits that will knock your brains out.

BTW, I asked you about fansites, because I have one and [shameless advertising] and was wondering if you had visited it. Its called Dominion of the Night Prowler [/shameless advertising] :p

duffarama said:
Leo, tone down on the language mate. And also remember that you must post posts of substance. Cheers. :)
Linkin Park isn't that bad.

No, Linkin Park are a terrible band.
They have very little musical talent.

James219 said:
the Mars Volta

I heard them on the radio and liked about 1 song off their album Frances the mute. Couldn't really get into them as much as some other bands.

Really? I've never heard them on the radio. They're half decent- actually pretty much the same band as the washed up 'At-the-Drive-in' (they were better, though), with most of the same members. They're sorta progressive punk, not too bad.

Triple J was the station I heard it on (where else would you hear non-crap music :) ) The song was L'via L'viaquez

Thats a good song but I just didn't like the rest much. It's probaby the album, I might get another one and listen, It will probably be better.

Last edited:
Lol!
Linkin park are highly philosophical. :D Better than Metallica and sh*t.

Although I also like cliff Richard.Every lovely songs.

Users who are viewing this thread