General Music Thread

Cricket_60 said:
:happy :clap

Red hot Chilli's are awesome
Just got their new album today, Stadium Arcadium. Its great (as usual)

Ritwik said:
Hmmm. 14 year olds typically find Linkin Park to be very good. Most people grow out of it though ;)

I guess I can say I've grown out of it...don't like 'em anymore. :p

After Hybrid Theory all their stuff's been crap.

Well i'm really BACK into NWA(*****z With Attitude)!There fast hardcore style really does it for me.Honesty is something i hold dear,and they spit it how it is! MC Ren is so good,great flow,great rhymes!

Kev said:
Just got their new album today, Stadium Arcadium. Its great (as usual)

Got it today, for me it was a bit of a let down. Most of the music is too slow and not in their usual upbeat style. I only really like around 5 songs out of the whole 28.

Is Stadium Arcadium whole new material? Or is it just like A best of Chilli Peppers?

New Material, Double discs with a total of 28 songs.

Maybe I'm wrong but they seem to have changed.

Yeah they do seem to have changed.
In my opinion they seem alot more commercial.

Album is awesome though. Got it at the weekend. Really getting into some of the songs.

Cricket60 said:
Got it today, for me it was a bit of a let down. Most of the music is too slow and not in their usual upbeat style. I only really like around 5 songs out of the whole 28.

What? Slow? About half the tracks on the album are at the pace you describe or more.

Cowburn199 said:
Yeah they do seem to have changed.
In my opinion they seem alot more commercial.

Yep, that album has even more electronic synthesized stuff than By The Way. However, the style is much more like the old Peppers than By The Way was (although BTW was still a good album).

When we go to the library, my mum picks random albums from the music cds section each time we go there, to see if she can find something else she likes. So far, we've discovered Robb Johnson, who writes fairly decent acoustic protest songs (there is a hilarious rendition of the National Anthem called "She lives in Slough").

Yeah, they're decent banana man. I've heard some of their stuff from 'The Fake Sound of Progress', and it was pretty impressive. That very song is probably the best, along with Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja, or something like that.

RoboRocks said:
Listening to Eminem: Stan, good song.

There is a thread for posting just what you're listening too.

I have to agree I am not the biggest fan of the Chilli's new album, I like the odd track, but preferred the older albums.

Has anyone heard Orson's album? I reccommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread