Gilchrist dreams of T20 at Olympics

We could try and bring the game in as an exhibitional event first to try and introduce the game to many new nations and then see where it goes from then on.
Can England not bring in Cricket as an exhibitional sport as they host the games in 2012.I believe the host nation can bring in a sport of their choice.

well since softball and baseball are not going to be in the 2012 olympics than 20/20 should definitely be a part of the olympics.

Not to mention the fact that cricket, unlike softball, is a real sport.

It would definitely bring a lot of worldwide exposure to cricket and the ICC would be crazy not to give it ago. It would be much more worthwhile than a Twenty20 World Cup in terms of global appeal and expansion.

T20 Cricket should in Olympics
I think more people will watch Olympics if they put in Cricket.
So I hoping for cricket in 2012:D

T20 Cricket should in Olympics
I think more people will watch Olympics if they put in Cricket.
So I hoping for cricket in 2012:D

It should be the opposite. "I think more people will watch cricket it they put it in Olympics"

not sure if any of the legend will live till 2020 to see 20/20 in Olympics.
how old is Gilly?

But they really include Cricket,ICC will have to make sure that International Cricket being played there after the Olympics,because now the stadiums/tennis courts will be taken into International Cricuits,so matches will be played there,and last thing Cricket grounds needs plenty of space,all matches cant be played on a single ground.

Olympic cricket is 'inevitable' - Ponting

Australia's captain Ricky Ponting believes it is only a matter of time before Twenty20 is part of the Olympics. Just days after the completion of the Beijing Games, Ponting said it was "inevitable" the new form would become an Olympic event, given its popularity in the subcontinent.

Ponting, who also called for a portion of the international calendar to be kept free for Twenty20 tournaments, was speaking at a dinner in Sydney to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Don Bradman.
"I'm worried if there's not that period of time, be it in the IPL or the EPL, or whatever competition it might be, that this next generation's opinions might change. They might see the dollars and think, 'maybe it's more appealing to me that I go and play IPL instead of playing for my country'. That would be the saddest thing ever to happen to this great game."

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/366506.html

Good article,plz do read it.

nikhil_99 added 19 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Gilchrist confident Tests will survive Twenty20 revolution
Adam Gilchrist does not expect Twenty20 will ruin Test cricket despite the explosion of the new game. While Ricky Ponting used part of his speech at the Bradman Oration to talk of the strengths and weaknesses of the fresh face, Gilchrist attended a 100th anniversary lunch for Bradman at the Melbourne Cricket Club and spoke of his belief that the traditional formats would survive.

"Twenty20 cricket - will it ruin Test cricket? I don't think so," Gilchrist said in the Age. "I really do think that the basic fundamentals of the game are still the same.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/366554.html

In my opinion: Poeple from Aus,Eng,NZ,SA love test cricket more than ODI or T20,even their players love test cricket, (Peterson talking about 09 Ashes few days before),whereas people from sub continent likes more T20, ODI than test cricket.So Gilly saying on test cricket is a comment from a player who comes from Aus who has more liking towards test.
Also 99% players in International Cricket
1:Lara
2:Inzamam
3:Mcgrath
4:Warne
and many more retired from ODI and played omly test,whereas i know only Jayasurya who retiered from test and playing ODI.

Oh well that reminds of something, what about having the HK sixes format in Olympics, I think it will be fun and it won't take too long

For what? 0.6 grams gold medal?..

Users who are viewing this thread