Gilchrist dreams of T20 at Olympics

BAD Idea tbh Sure many cases of Drugs takes etcc...will be out So lets keep Olymipics and Cricket FAR!

Here is a Hong Kong super sixes match between Australia and All Star

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that video tells you guys how exciting HK sixes are ;), I remember Bangladesh beating Aussies in one match that means it's definitely not some pathetic Cricket :p

i hate the rule that you have to "retire" after scoring 30 + runs or being there for 2 or 3 over [something like that]in 6's

I'd say its a brilliant idea and it would increase the amount of people that watch the Olympics in India by 100%. It would be great to give India a chance to have a good go at getting a gold medal at something they would try hard for. It will also be very entertaining with some of the guns of world cricket send fireworks on the big stage.

The most important thing will be that other nations such as Russia and China who participate widely in the Olympics will get to see the beauty of the game.

Yes exactly, teams like Russia and China will start playing Cricket from 5 overs (HK sixes) then they will start playing T20 then they will play ODIs and who knows they will become a Test playing nation one day. HK sixes format in Olympics will help Cricket get more popular and more and more teams will enjoy it.

Right, after watching that Hong Kong Sixes video I have various questions

1) Why is the keeper so far back

2) Why is Lara wicket keeping - its like a Cricket 2007 game, but in real life

3) The boundaries can't be more than 40 meters - why?

Users who are viewing this thread