Gilchrist retires from cricket

Gilly is retiring from all forms of cricket :eek: few months ago he told he will retire from One day to prolong his test carrier . This is a very bad news :(

Why should i be ashamed. If he scores 100 India will loose.

Steve did not get 100 in last match.

Well he certainly has changed the way WK are looked worldwide. Now noone wants good keeper but want keeper who can bat also.

Lol im embarresed:p:p:crying i heard that from my friend. I better not trust him next time than.;) And in my opinion anyone shouldn't mind or should want a player of Adam Gilchrist's callibar to score a century. Whether you be a Aussie or Indian.

An absolute legend. One of my all time favourite sportsmen. He came into the fold just as I started to seriously take an interest in cricket as well so i've watched his career from start to finish. Legend.

It's not like other countrys haven't/will lose key players soon.

I know, sly joke, but he'll be hard to replace.

Great player, watching him was great entertainement, remember his 100 off about 70 against Sri lanka was quality.

We shouldn't be upset. He couldn't have ask for a better cricket career. 3 World Cups, close to 100 Tests, 32 International centuries.

Adam Gilchrist to ton up this test. If there is 1 guy that will do it in their last test, it will be Church.

I feel sad and happy for him, very mixed emotions.

I have no doubt his best form is behind him, but i still feel sad nonetheless. Will be remembered along with Warne and McGrath as a true legend of Australian cricket.

My personal favourite gilly moments would have to be that double-ton he smashed in South Africa in early 2002, that 1999 Bellerive innings, the 57-ball century...plus all those catches and stumpings.

yay for gilly! :D:happy

Users who are viewing this thread