Gilchrist retires from cricket

disappointing to see such a great player go he didnt even get 100 test matches up and i think Haddin will be a worthy replacement

Fantastic player and as can be read a player respected by the majority of cricket fans.

One of crickets greatest entertainers.

My faviroute Gilly moments would be every catch, stumping, and run he has ever achived in his cricket career whether it be international or not or Test, One Dayer or even 20/20. :)

quite surprising although not shocking.....
as we knew its gonna come sooner or later..just that everyone
thought he'll retire after the 2009 ashes !
absolute legend though......!! the only australian player i respect..........:hpraise:clap
a great loss to cricket australia and also world cricket............

quite surprising although not shocking.....
as we knew its gonna come sooner or later..just that everyone
thought he'll retire after the 2009 ashes !
absolute legend though......!! the only australian player i respect..........:hpraise:clap
a great loss to cricket australia and also world cricket............

What you don't respect Hussey. He is one (of the many) mature and kind ones in the Australian Cricket Team.:)

At least Gilly has 2 new records for when he retires. The most consecutive test matches by a cricketer (recently surpassing Dravid in the 2nd or 3rd test) and the most catches.

What you don't respect Hussey. He is one (of the many) mature and kind ones in the Australian Cricket Team.:)

tbh....i havent seen much of hussey IN and also OFF the field.......so
cant really comment much on him.....

but yeah....i havent heard anything controversial thing about him....:)

My faviroute Gilly moments would be every catch, stumping, and run he has ever achived in his cricket career whether it be international or not or Test, One Dayer or even 20/20. :)

Have you seen all his innings? I know you are 11.

so... Does that matter. Well than i guess it does tbh. Well every catch stumping and run he has scored that I have seen.! They have all been top class. He is a great of the game.

I'M SHOCKED (my dad woke me up to this news, and it was a jolt out of the blue)....

Well, its quite unusual but I WILL MISS THIS GUY whenever I watch Australia play (which will be when they play against India!!!).

Our own Dhoni is a product of the standards that this amazing guy has set!!!! Recently I said I respect only Brett Lee among Australian cricketers. I missed to mention this guy's name.

One of the world's greatest cricketers ever...

Salutes to him. India must be happy that he's retiring....

A truly great player walks away from the game. One who also knew the true spirit of cricket. One part of me is sad, the other relieved, as England could never get the bugger out ;)

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/baggygreen/content/story/333484.html

Adam Gilchrist, who revolutionised the role of the wicketkeeper-batsman, has retired from Tests barely 24 hours after taking the world record for dismissals. The shock news means Gilchrist will depart on a global high at the end of the fourth match against India on Monday and his last ODI appearances will come in the CB Series, which finishes in March.

----------------------------------

He'll play ODI's this summer! :D

Good bye to a legend, will be truely missed for his wonderful display of aggressive batting. I believe he has made the right call, he was starting to drop off from his usual high standards both with the gloves and bat. This also means our replacement keeper has enough time to get use to the International arena.

Absolute legend, his contribution to the game has been awesome. Totally revolutionised the role of a wicket-keeper and he has been one of the nicest men in cricket for the past 10 years. A brilliant person who's been brilliant for the game, probably gone at the right time tbf as he looked to be struggling with 4/5 days on the trott, but he's 36 and has a young family.

Wish him all the best

It was his time to go though, no up to his extremely high standards recently and whats looking like a series win against India would be a nice way to finish off for him but will still allow Australia time to get someone else settled in for the ashes. Still good to see people will be able to come closer to competing with Australia now.

Don't worry Sean you can change your username to Broad fan now :)

Users who are viewing this thread