Gilchrist retires from cricket

Jordox you beat me to it.:) Im sad:( i thought gilly would retire after the 2009 Ashes series. He was a great wicket keeper probably the best ever! Come on Haddin show us what you got. GO GILLY!:):) GOOD on ya for a great career.

Is it official. I have been hearing rumours about it.

I still remember his first Test match for Australia. Couldn't have asked for a wicketkeeper batsman. Class on and off the field. He will be missed from the Test side. Hopefully he can go out with a top class innings tomorrow.

So all that talk about 'I'll do it when I feel like it' was just leading us on. Great player, and good timing as we still have a more than capable replacement in Haddin. Twenty 20s won't be the same without his commentary, assuming he retires from the shorter form after the upcoming series as well.

Is it official. I have been hearing rumours about it.

It is official i heard it on the news. Very sad. He was a great person and terrific wicket keeper and of course sooo destructive with the bat. No one will forget the innnigs he played in Perth in last years Ashes series.:) ALL HAIL GILLY!:D:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise;):eek::p

He in fact retires from all forms. I'm not surprised. Boucher will have the record back in a few months though.

Sad to see him go,but it was his time to quit with his glovework looking a bit shabby.

Well now he can look after his family. I hope he dont score 100 though in last test match.

You should be ashamed.:eek::mad: I really hope he bats well this and next innings. Just like Steve Waugh's last innings in test cricket. 100 up Gilly C'mon.;)

Why should i be ashamed. If he scores 100 India will loose.

Steve did not get 100 in last match.

So all that talk about 'I'll do it when I feel like it' was just leading us on. Great player, and good timing as we still have a more than capable replacement in Haddin. Twenty 20s won't be the same without his commentary, assuming he retires from the shorter form after the upcoming series as well.

Well he certainly has changed the way WK are looked worldwide. Now noone wants good keeper but want keeper who can bat also.

Last edited:
Damn, is it 100% confirmed its all forms of the game? I'm going to the 20/20 and i was looking forward to see him bat :(

Australian cricket will miss his presence on and off the field

Brad Haddin must be jumping with joy now

Sky News (Australia) says "Gilchrist will retire from all forms of cricket at the end of the Adelaide test match" - however... it just changed to read "Gilchrist will retire from Test Cricket at the end of the current match against India"

Fox Sports News says "Adam Gilchrist to retire from Cricket. Fourth test in Adelaide to be his last"

Users who are viewing this thread