Good News I Have Found The Stroke Files!

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Eddie said:
Internet is working again.

here's a few goddies i have been working on:

1. Edited pitch conditions (slightly)
2. 50 overs match pacing
you will have to convert the files to .saf once u have downloaded them.

The BIG file you will need to import them into is:

2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big

actually, i think we should convert the files to .cfg because the files have endings in .cfg instead of .saf

Eddie

International Cricketer
I'm about to have a go with your new settings, I hope you crack the fields soon. And of course, excellent work yaar.

I have successfully identified 16 out of 210 fields..slow progress..

eddie, can you please say what efffect the import of the files will have. thanks mate

try it out and you tell me.

Eddie is it possible to upload your new files as a big file again.

Yes see the attachment below :2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.txt

remember to change it to a .BIG file.

actually, i think we should convert the files to .cfg because the files have endings in .cfg instead of .saf

yes you are right, i have corrected the post..thanx

Attachments

• 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 64

Eddie

International Cricketer
Just a thing things to ponder in a quick survey:

1. Do you think the confidence meter fills too quick in ODI's? would you like to see it fill at a slower rate?

2. Want more seam movement? There is already plenty of evident seam movement, but i have yet to see any meaningful seam movement.

3. Bowling to easy? The bowling cursor is to small and easy to position. Would you like to see it made larger?

4. What changes would you like to see made to shots? Power , direction difficulty..

5. What changes would you like to see made to bowling fields? CPU only uses certain felds 90% of the time so be specific..IE. Open 1 - ODI - fast bowler.

6. What do you think of the Field/pitch conditions i uploaded?

7. What do you think of the 50 overs pacing file i uploaded?

Andy Cullen

School Cricketer
I'd like to see a mid on added to the default test and 4 day fields. Its just too easy to get a batsman up to 30 runs using the on drive before they put a mid on in place.

jonah

International Coach
I reckon the regulation 2 close catchers should be present for all the opening fields in odi's (either 2 slips, or slip and a gulley etc), as well as a 3rd man, point, cover, mid off, mid on,square leg/midwicket) and fine or backward sq leg. IMO this should be the basic field for fast/medium bowlers in odis, with slight variations for the 5 opening fields.
I'd also like to see a 3rd man throughout the innings.
Agree with Andy re Test fields.
I've noticed that when the cpu bats it doesn't play a lot of shots through midwicket to mid on. Maybe the on drive could be tweaked the give a larger direction area so more shots go through that region?
Sorry Eddie, but I've not had a chance to try your pacing files yet.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Mid wicket and backward square leg is a must in test matches. Without it you can score at 5 RPO or over what with CPU bowling wicket to wicket all the time.

nails

Club Cricketer
ANSWERS to survey

1./ its the field settings rather than the confidence meter that determines if im going to smack the ball over the field,not the confidence meter,so dont mind

2./i agree u can see the seam movement slightly but its not enough, especially when an outswinger seems to seam off at a much greater angle than a cutter etc

3./bowling is way to easy to get your cursor EXACT EVERY TIME !! its annoyingly easy

4./id like to see shots not go in exactly the same place,for example id like to see the odd on drive miss the mid on left or right sometimes.also different form o4 is the way u r stuck with a shot as u cant move after the cursor is ready from cpu....so u cant shift ur feet and hit wide balls,u end up getting cramped inside and always have to hit straight shots,HOW MANY LATE CUTS OR SQUARE CUTS HAVE U HIT !! ??

5./id like to see the cpu react a little quicker to me always hitting the same shot and maybe change their field quicker accordingly

6./just trying to find and upload them now

7./ ditto............will give an honest appraisal after trying them......

many congratulations for caring enough to try and improve this game, some of us really would like to help improve it if we can etc.........thx , cya

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Eddie said:
Just a thing things to ponder in a quick survey:

1. Do you think the confidence meter fills too quick in ODI's? would you like to see it fill at a slower rate?

2. Want more seam movement? There is already plenty of evident seam movement, but i have yet to see any meaningful seam movement.

3. Bowling to easy? The bowling cursor is to small and easy to position. Would you like to see it made larger?

4. What changes would you like to see made to shots? Power , direction difficulty..

5. What changes would you like to see made to bowling fields? CPU only uses certain felds 90% of the time so be specific..IE. Open 1 - ODI - fast bowler.

6. What do you think of the Field/pitch conditions i uploaded?

7. What do you think of the 50 overs pacing file i uploaded?

1. the cpu's confidence meter fills up to quickly, while the human's confidence meter is very slow. i'd like to see the human's confidence go up slightly faster, and the cpu's confidence slowed down.

2. more prominenet seam movement would be better.

3. instead of making bowling hard, can you make the batsmen better?

4. i think the square cut is the most useless shot in game. can you make it more powerful and easier to play. Maybe the reverse sweep, but i have to practice it more.

5.i'm no expert on field settings, but it should be an offside oriented field with at least two close catchers in the early parts. I don't think there is a need for both mid on and midoff at the same time. And i agree, there needs to be a 3rd man always in ODIs. If possible, cpu's fields should react to how we are hitting the ball.

6. I'm not sure exactly what you have done with the field conditions, but it seemed like you slowed down the field a little bit, because my leg glances didn't carry to the boundary for as much. I think the field needs to be slowed down further so that not every ball that clears the infield goes for four if there is no fielder present.

7. It seems good from what i've played so far, it was harder to keep the batsmen from scoring until i introduce bhajji on a damp pitch. Cpu was going 5+ an over until i introduced teh spinner and they lost a few wickets, which dropped the rr to less than 4. So if anything, in ODIs, the cpu should only spend maybe an 2 overs or so recovering from a wicket, because if they take too long, the rr drops too much

thank you for your great work

Warwickshire

Club Cricketer
Guys i have a big problem!

I was trying to put eddie's improved shots, i opened the file with the shots in with bigGUI. I then saw eddie put them into the file for us, so i downloaded that , but it didn't work.
So i then went back to the ooriginal file ihad extracted from the GOB and wanted to see if i could open it just normally and without bigGUI. This was a big mistake, i treid to open it with notepad but it didn't work, so i then tried to open it with bigGui but it wouldn't open saying that the file had an incorrect header. I Reinstalled the game but it still doesn't open it , i think its changed the file to a notepad file so bigGUI cant read it.
I need help, so please ediie or anybody else who thinks they can help me , please do!

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread