Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
Why don't you want so many cars? Imagine the havock on road circuits :p

I am actually really looking forward to the Singapore GP. A place where I actually spend most of my summers because some of my relatives live out there. My Dad's Girlfriend is actually co-ordinating an event in the Esplanade! Unfortunaetly I didn't get to watch the race lasy year but I hope I will this year.

Thats great. Its unique event in whole season. But I have one question. What fun do spectators have in Grand Prix. Its not like other sports where all the action takes place right infront of you.

There won't be 26 cars on the grid, well I don't think there will be atleast, I think theres only capacity for 22 cars to race. I could well be wrong though. If the quoted numbers do materialise, It'll probably be like the old days where cars will be eliminated in qualifying and miss out on racing all-together.

I guess it's just that people want to see it live, MotoGP and and WSBK get huge attendances, F1 gets decent amounts, people also go nuts for touring cars.

There won't be 26 cars on the grid, well I don't think there will be atleast, I think theres only capacity for 22 cars to race. I could well be wrong though. If the quoted numbers do materialise, It'll probably be like the old days where cars will be eliminated in qualifying and miss out on racing all-together.

I guess it's just that people want to see it live, MotoGP and and WSBK get huge attendances, F1 gets decent amounts, people also go nuts for touring cars.

I was thinking that would be an interesting scenario if in qualifying people got knocked out. But you would end up seeing the same people out each week, surely?

It's possible, 9/10 it will be the same drivers and teams fighting for a race spot but there will be surprises now and then.

I think it's pretty safe to say bye bye Renualt!

The evidence against Renault in Formula 1's highly damaging 'Singapore-gate' race-fixing scandal is mounting up, after the R?gie's executive director of engineering Pat Symonds refused to deny that the team had instructed Nelsinho Piquet to crash on lap 14 of the top flight's inaugural night race in the Far-Eastern city-state just under a year ago.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/152340...ng_between_symonds_and_fia_investigators.html

It has been revealed that after assuring Nelsinho Piquet of immunity from sanctions provided he tells the truth in Formula 1's damaging 'Singapore-gate' scandal, the FIA has now made a similar offer of a lifeline to Pat Symonds – placing Flavio Briatore firmly in the firing line ahead of the critical World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) hearing on 21 September.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/152337/1/immunity_for_symonds_puts_briatore_in_f1_firing_line.html

Both articles sourced at crash.net

Last edited:
Wow, it's breaking that both Briatore and Symonds will leave Renault and the French team will not dispute the allegations.
Doesn't quite tally with them launching libel proceedings against the Piquets.

Massive cop out by Briatore and Symonds. Going to be interesting to see who takes over for the last races of the season.

Also it's great news to see Lotus are back in F1 for next season. The more cars the better in my opinion.

From today's Times. This really is a legendary quote (if you don't get it read it again slowly!):

We only know this because Renault was unwise enough to sack Piquet in July and, in an almost eponymous fit, he decided to blow the whistle

There are 13 confirmed teams for 2010, BMW are holding the 14th slot as a reserve, anyone drops out and they get their spot. As it stands now there will be 26 cars on the grid, subject to an FIA/WMSC meeting, it could be 28 cars if the newly taken over BMW are allowed to compete as well.

--------

Renault situation.

They should have the book thrown at them. They got away with having a whole other car on their system after McLaren were found guilty of stealing info, so hopefully they will be punished. Doubt it though.

I don't think 26 (or indeed 28) cars on the grid is a problem. It used to be the norm and I'm sure I remember reading articles over the last few years that a 26 car grid was the aim.

Anyone else remember the days of pre-qualifing? No? Just me then ;)

I remember the 107% rule :D

Indeed all modern circuits can cope with that many cars, iirc the only one which didn't had the pit lane extended, had it extended. I think it was Montreal? Which is back next year.

Alarm set for 5am. Looking forward to yet another pivotal Japanese Race.

I thought I'd set it for 5am this morning for quali mind. But had it set for 5pm! Magically managed to wake up at 5:45 despite not going to bed until 1am.

Users who are viewing this thread