Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes. Hamilton retired in the final stages. Good news for Ferrari and Red Bull. Was hoping Alonso won though as much as I like Webber.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Alonso crashed out in the third qualifying session after dominating in Thursday's practice sessions which leaves Ferrari in a lot of trouble to get his car repaired before qualifying in an hours time.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Red Bull take yet another pole, Webber in first and Vettel back in third. Kubica looks good in the Renault as he has gone pretty good in practice and has taken second in qualifying. Massa's then back in fourth which he needed to qualify well considering Alonso has to start from pit lane. McLaren didn't qualify too well with Hamilton in 5th and Button in 8th and Hamilton is going to have a hard time surviving being an aggressive driver on a track with not many opportunities to overtake.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Hard to see any position changes through overtaking like last week sadly. Race will be decided on technical issues during pit stops and reliability.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
That's why I'm annoyed cause Alonso won't be able to climb from the back. He may as well just make an early pit stop and go faster than the rest while having noone in front of him. I think Webber will win, Vettel will take second, Massa third, Kubica fourth, Hamilton fifth (or retired), Rosberg sixth, Button 7th and so on. But who knows, Kubica might surprise everybody and win the race starting from second.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Alonso most certainly will be able to get through the pack, that's what is going to make it interesting. There's no way the new cars in front of him can keep him at bay, even on this circuit. Could cause some accidents.

Anybody see the GP2 race on Friday? A crash at the beginning sent one of the British lads straight over the top of a few cars, luckily he wasn't hurt. Almost a mirror image of Derek Daley in 1980, but not quite as bad.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I almost cried when Vettel and Webber collided. Looks like a 60-40 fault towards Vettel. Webber should've given him more room, and you could tell that's what Christian Horner wanted to see happen, but Vettel moved back too early.

Still, I am very confident Vettel is quick enough to win the Championship. He'll want wins more than ever now having been upstaged by his team mate in 4 straight races.

A very exciting race though. Button vs Hamilton was a good battle, and they were lucky not to do the same as Red Bull considering they both touched front wheels.

Auwais

International Coach
Horner's a ████, trying to deflect the blame all onto Webber.

Webber held his line and there was plenty of room for Vettel to get past. Why on earth, he went into Webber, I'll never know. Maybe he was too enthusiastic and lost his bearings, thinking he had moved completely ahead of Webber and tried to move back onto the inside line.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't believe all this ████ that Webber should've let him passed. Yes, he may have been going slower, but he's got every right to defend his position.

I have no doubt that if Vettel wasn't being such an arrogant prick, Webber would have won a 3rd straight race.

It's a shame his team is against him as well, as it's obvious he's the better and more composed driver of the 2. They tell him he has to conserve fuel, but he didn't seem to have a problem when he was lapping at around 1:29.2 every lap which was a second quicker than Hamilton and Button.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Arrogant prick? When has he been an arrogant prick? He was faster than him and just made a misjudgement trying to pass him. It was a driving error and nothing more. Vettel had a point to prove and he wanted to win, I really don't see how that makes him arrogant.

Users who are viewing this thread