Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
I'm still not out of that shock! Last year, okay that was "heart in the mouth" situation, massa going to the Pit stop, Raikkonen over-Taking him. But well, this time, the last lap! deciding the winner, well man, i... am left speechless..

Any news yet on the supposed 'standard engines rule' ? Last heard Ferrari threatened to back out of the 2010 F1 season due to that one.

Revised 2009 Schedule

29 March: Australia
5 April: Malaysia
19 April: China
26 April: Bahrain
10 May: Spain
24 May: Monaco
7 June: Turkey
21 June: Great Britain
12 July: Germany
26 July: Hungary
23 August: Spain
30 August: Belgium
13 September: Italy
27 September: Singapore
4 October: Japan
18 October: Brazil
1 November: Abu Dhabi

The first 2 Grand Prix will start at 1700hrs local time
China moves to the 3rd Race of the Season.
No Canadian or French GP's although there is room to fit either in if funding can be found. Discussions around the Canadian GP are said to be ongoing.

With regards to engines there seems to have been a little backtracking since the FIA announced tender for a single engine supplier at the Chinese GP

FIA said:
The FIA has offered the teams three options, one of which is the so-called standard engine, and another that the manufacturers should jointly guarantee to supply power trains to the independent teams for less than 5m euros per season.

The single engine option is likely to lead to all Manufacturer teams considering their positions in F1 so it's unlikely to see the light of day.

You better get use to this look....

kubica-test-z-wri-02_171108.jpg

That is what you can expect F1 cars to look like from next year.

I have mixed feelings regarding the new rule. The good thing is people will try to push and win more races than play safe, but this could probably knock off the consistent drivers like BMW's Robert Kubica.

I think they should have stuck with the normal points system but increased the gap between the positions so that the drivers are more tempted to overtake.

Not too keen on the new points system thing. I still feel that the old old system was probably better. 10 for a win, 6 for second etc.

Will have to see how it goes but I cant help but think it will as already said punish those who do well constantly but never quite, or don't often win.

Also in other news McClaren are stupidly slow compared to everyone else in all the practises so far whilst Brawn GP have been the qucikest which is quite staggering. Looking forward to the new season.

Teams protested, obviously, not going to ever be implemented in its current state.

Not the prettiest of cars are they. Probably not helped by the massive front wing. But if it does work and we actually get some overtaking again then who really cares what the cars look like.

Just finished watching highlights of the 1986 Australian GP on the BBC Website (Guess you'd have to have a British IP to watch) Brings back memories, had a poster of Mansell from that race on my bedroom wall for many years.

And no, it isn't in black and white!

The cars look a hell of a lot better than the messy stuff of the previous few years. And so, this rear diffuser loophole seems to have been exploited brilliantly by Brawn GP, Williams and Toyota, who are the quickest cars in Melbourne this weekend, wouldn't be surprised if they comprised the entire top 6! Here's hoping for a Button/Barrichello 1-2, would be stunning after the crap that Honda have served up over the past couple of seasons. :)

Except that if the appeal is heard and the FIA do indeed deem the diffuser as inappropriate, then all the points won by these cars will be taken back. So its a risky game being played.

Users who are viewing this thread