Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters
If your last point Kev was about Trulli being demoted then I don't think the Stewards could do anything differently as he illegally overtook in the last few laps and the decision had to be made after the race had finished.

What could have happened is that he could have been told to give the place back, if there was time for the commentary team to pick up on it, there was time to do something about it. But it was more aimed at Vettel's grid place demotion for the next race. If the penalty was handed out for continuing on 3 wheels then maybe, but it seems that was dealt with by a fine and the grid demotion is for the accident itself.

What could have happened is that he could have been told to give the place back, if there was time for the commentary team to pick up on it, there was time to do something about it. But it was more aimed at Vettel's grid place demotion for the next race. If the penalty was handed out for continuing on 3 wheels then maybe, but it seems that was dealt with by a fine and the grid demotion is for the accident itself.

I have seen it again and again, and fail to see how it was Vettel's fault. I will accept it as a racing incident, but to say it was the German's error is not acceptable. He was in front, and on the inside and the only thing he could do is go off the curb, or slow down and let Kubica go in front, where as the BMW driver had enough space on the outside. He just squeezed into Vettel in my opinion.

Vettel is being far too modest. Disappointing for a German. Schumi would have probably gone to the BMW garage and delivered a few punches if he was part of it.

Kubica was ahead going into the corner. Both drivers made errors, Vettel under-estimated the grip in his tyres and Kubica didn't give Vettel enough room.

Vettel's been given a ten place penalty for the next race very harsh me thinks.

Kubica was ahead going into the corner. Both drivers made errors, Vettel under-estimated the grip in his tyres and Kubica didn't give Vettel enough room.

From what i have seen today, Vettel was in helpless situation.. What can he do when both were on corners, & so there was nothing that drivers could do about it is what I felt..

I would have loved to see one of those force India cars in top 8 but it didn't happen :(

Stupid bloody officials. If Vettel gets a 10 place penalty for the next race then so should Kubica, or preferably, give them no punishment whatsoever. The officials can really ruin races, just like we saw last season with the Bourdais incident after coming out of the pits...

Atleast the officials have lived up to their crazy tradition. I do understand if the penalty was for carrying on driving with just three wheels. At one point it did look like that he was planning to finish the race like that.

Would've have been funny if he did, and if I was in charge of the FIA I would allow that sort of thing. Great effort to continue driving with a wheel slammed up against the car. He's going to have to drive out of his skin in qualifying and in the race if he's to get into the points next race...

What a finish to a great race. Glad for Brawn that they ended up getting the 1,2 but the season is long and I expect the heavyweights to come out better in the next race.

I'm glad it's back on the BBC (can't beat that great theme tune. It's from the ending of a Fleetwood-Mac track called 'The Chain' - and no bloody adverts either). But where the hell is the late-night highlights programme? I missed the live race and the replay!

What you guys think about Hamilton and McLaren being disqualified from the Australian GP? I think it's fair enough considering they lied to the stewards, although I don't think it's Hamilton's fault. What a performance by Trulli in the end then, starting from the pits and finishing 3rd.

Ferrari look fast in practice, as do Brawn and Red Bull. McLaren again look poor...

Users who are viewing this thread