• Daniel Vettori

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrew Flintoff

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just something I've been thinking about after watching Kallis recently of who is the greatest since sobers?

Put a poll-up of the contenders that I could think of at the top off my head, but for me it has to be Kallis - same average as sobers with both bat and ball, more or less same no. of wickets as sobers and 40 tons to go with his name.

Might dig up a few stats laters if I've got the time.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
This is Kallis by an absolute country mile, I am starting to rate him higher than Sachin and possibly the greatest player to play the modern game. Not only is he one of 2 people to have scored 40+ centuries (Sachin the other) but he also has 270 @ 32 to go with that. At this moment he has scored around 180 more runs than anyone else in this series when only one other person has scored more than 250 (Sachin again).

The man is an abolsute machine, Tendulkar has 2 years on him and who knows, by the end of Kallis' career he might have more centuries than the Little Master.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'm going to edit the poll if you don't mind and add a certain Andrew Flintoff. He at least deserves to have his name up there.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Imran Khan for me. I never saw him live but he is just such an iconic figure. Look at his stats as a captain or even in his last 10 years of his test career where he averaged 51 with the bat and 19 with the ball.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Wtf is Shakib, Vettori and Flintoff doing there? :facepalm

Flintoff on the same level as Shakib and Vettori is a bit harsh tbh. Remember that Australia for a long time were looking for an Allrounder half as good as Flintoff.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Kallis. Possibly one of the greatest cricketers ever. So consistent and his bowling has been handy over the years. I agree entirely with Ollie here.

subversive

Club Cricketer
Why is Ravidra Jadeja not on the list. This is a disgrace :facepalm

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Imran khan is the greatest bowling all-rounder and Kallis is the greatest batting all-rounder. I think that should settle the debate ;)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kapil Dev, Ian Botham, Jacques Kallis and Imran Khan are the best all-rounders the world has ever seen. The rest mentioned in the poll are nothing when compared to these four.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Imran Khan for me. I never saw him live but he is just such an iconic figure. Look at his stats as a captain or even in his last 10 years of his test career where he averaged 51 with the bat and 19 with the ball.

Imran for me as well. But these stats are slightly inflated by the fact that after the 1988 tour to Windies, Imran batting got better, but his bowling fell of especially in test where he basicaly stopped bowling.

When he was complete all-rounder combing solid batting & 90 mph. That was from Karach 1980 (when he scored his 1st test hundred) to Windies 88 (the last time he was bowling 90 mph) & he averaged 40 with the bat - 17 with the ball

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Imran for me as well. But these stats are slightly inflated by the fact that after the 1988 tour to Windies, Imran batting got better, but his bowling fell of especially in test where he basicaly stopped bowling.

When he was complete all-rounder combing solid batting & 90 mph. That was from Karach 1980 (when he scored his 1st test hundred) to Windies 88 (the last time he was bowling 90 mph) & he averaged 40 with the bat - 17 with the ball

I'd still take that 8 days of the week though. It's just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread