Group C - 11th Match Sri Lanka v West Indies

Sammy, guys like David Lloyd, Boycott, Chappell and a few others tend to believe that International Cricket belong to the likes of Australia and England and if you are from a Third World country then you don't belong, he like Lloyd keep making negative comments against such teams like West Indies, yet they seems unable to address the issues with their own teams, and that is why defeats like what happened to England and Australia are most relished because they make liars out of those -ricks.
I guess none of them saw Fletcher bat in 20/20, nor can they remember Gayle's ability to take teams apart if he makes it to 10 overs in a match.
They rest of the teams should be mindful that we still have guys like the X man and Pollard who can hit it a mile, truth be told any team can be beaten on any day, but these experts don't think so. Keep dreaming Mr. Lloyd, Mr. Boycott, Mr. Chappell, keep dreaming all of you!!!

Sammy, guys like David Lloyd, Boycott, Chappell and a few others tend to believe that International Cricket belong to the likes of Australia and England and if you are from a Third World country then you don't belong, he like Lloyd keep making negative comments against such teams like West Indies, yet they seems unable to address the issues with their own teams, and that is why defeats like what happened to England and Australia are most relished because they make liars out of those -ricks.
I guess none of them saw Fletcher bat in 20/20, nor can they remember Gayle's ability to take teams apart if he makes it to 10 overs in a match.
They rest of the teams should be mindful that we still have guys like the X man and Pollard who can hit it a mile, truth be told any team can be beaten on any day, but these experts don't think so. Keep dreaming Mr. Lloyd, Mr. Boycott, Mr. Chappell, keep dreaming all of you!!!
It's nothing like that I don't think. It's just that West Indies have been piss poor of late and so we had reason to believe they would not get any better.

All david Lloyd said about WI was " I don't think so "

and thats it.

Ian about WI chances
West Indies
Predicting West Indies' revival is a lot like trying to determine when the world economy will flourish again. In late 2006, West Indies made the final of the Champions Trophy; then just 11 months later, they made a disappointing first-round exit in the World Twenty20 tournament in South Africa. If it was horse racing, they would be calling for a swab.

West Indies have some brilliant individuals: Chris Gayle can win a Twenty20 match in the first few overs; Ramnaresh Sarwan and Shivnarine Chanderpaul provide him with excellent run support, and Dwaye Bravo is a top-flight allrounder. The fast men, Fidel Edwards and Jerome Taylor can be lethal, but the rest are a lottery, and unfortunately that is not where you find regular winners.

Something always seems to mar West Indies' progress: a batting collapse here, a bowling meltdown there or a dose of butterfingers in the field. The consistent progress in not there and they will need to be at their best in a tough group to even survive the first round. Like Sri Lanka, too few of their younger players have matured into reliable international cricketers.

Next to the England players, those from the Caribbean have played the most high-pressure Twenty20 matches, but it hasn't produced a corresponding lift in standards. West Indies are candidates to miss out in the group of death and this would send another wave of disappointment through the Caribbean.
toobad for him WI showed up.

I think most of them don't watch the WI games, but still they talk about players they have never seen play the game.

I think there was only one commentator who said WI players could play at their full potential and if they do, they would win.

So is ian chappell still doubtful of west indies chances ?

After watching today's game he still doesn't think the windies can make it ?

lol @ "with all due respect to West Indies". That scenario will only happen if Australia beat Sri Lanka

Like Eng won match yesterday and have kept their hopes alive, Aus would definitely like to win here,and then wait for the other league match in their group..

So is ian chappell still doubtful of west indies chances ?

After watching today's game he still doesn't think the windies can make it ?
As long as Australia qualify, they will be in that group, that's how the seeding works.

I don't like our chances against SL with their spinners. I can see them slowing us down just like the Windies managed to do. Hopefully Watson can get us off to a good start along with Warner or we will need Ponting and Clarke to perform which I don't like the chances of.
Real shame about the time of the match, going to be a pain to get up for it.

As long as Australia qualify, they will be in that group, that's how the seeding works.

oh oh.. So windies will go in the group with who ? maybe NZ, Eng ?

I honestly didn't understand what he was trying to say, but thanks for explaining.

I don't like our chances against SL with their spinners. I can see them slowing us down just like the Windies managed to do. Hopefully Watson can get us off to a good start along with Warner or we will need Ponting and Clarke to perform which I don't like the chances of.
Real shame about the time of the match, going to be a pain to get up for it.
The bright side in facing Sri Lanka is their batting. Conventional new ball bowling should rip through them.

Hopes shouldn't be in the squad let alone the playing XI. He struggles to score faster than a run a ball and his bowling is simple line and length which has been proven to be easily dispatched in the shorter format. I'm not the biggest fan of Nathan Hauritz but you DO need a spinner in the team. Ridiculous to think they play Hauritz in tests where is useless but in the 20/20 format where he can actually be effective he's not playing.

Changes for tonights game in my opinion should be Hauritz and Siddle in for Hopes and Lee. But I know that won't happen.

The bright side in facing Sri Lanka is their batting. Conventional new ball bowling should rip through them.

You would hope so, might be time to get Bracken back opening the bowling to use his swing. Only worry would be Jaya getting off to a flyer similar to Gayle.

I'd rather they used Hilfenhaus. In truth, it's hard to fathom why they don't, his record is superb.

And what have Marshall and Pollard done at the international level, Marshall has the talent but I haven't seen that much improvement from him and Pollard is just plain rubbish. If the Windies could improve there fielding I would give them a decent chance of winning this thing because with players like Gayle, Sarwan, Fletcher, Taylor and Edwards they have a very good 20/20 team.

Don't forget bravo, and chanderpaul (the man who batted harmisson out of international cricket in just one over)

But the fielding will come good, marshall is usually very good in the field to be honest.

Pollard is a big hitting, he is young and learning give him a chance. WI is not even using it's strongest players at the moment.

I can see Sri Lanka winning this one tbh. Awesome bowling attack for me it's down to how well they bat which hasn't been overally impressive in the warm-ups. If they get a decent score then I sees them winning.

Users who are viewing this thread