Group C - 11th Match Sri Lanka v West Indies

I think that aussies will lose today.I guess sure they will.Hope for best

Its raining again today. What a pity.

The best weather today is going to be in East Anglia, they should come and play the games out here. :p

Whats the weather like for the place we are playing at? Would love to get a full game through as never know with the Windies so want as many overs as possible against them.

Whats the weather like for the place we are playing at? Would love to get a full game through as never know with the Windies so want as many overs as possible against them.

Are`nt you playing at the Oval as well?
So its pretty much ok at the moment as we have the NZ-SCO game going on as i type.

Last edited:
Ah yep explains why they couldn't get more overs into that match. Weather is looking playable, hopefully it stays like that for 3 more hours.

aussie1st added 41 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

If I heard correctly Warner is in the side. White, Hopes and Hilfy left out. Guess that means Haddin back down to 7, not ideal but at least Warner is in.

It is ideal. Haddin's a hack at the top of the order. Warner and Watson should definitely be the opening partnership in T20 cricket.

I don't like him at 7 as hes not a pure slogger, he needs time to get in.

Seems we left out Hauritz, don't know about that move for T20.

#7 Shouldn't really be needed in T20. I'd have picked the best out and out keeper if I was Australia, like what England have done with Foster. Is Haddin the best gloveman in Australia? Manou's pretty highly rated isn't he?

This should be a good game, hopefully the Windies get Warner early. Australia should win though.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

#7 Shouldn't really be needed in T20. I'd have picked the best out and out keeper if I was Australia, like what England have done with Foster. Is Haddin the best gloveman in Australia? Manou's pretty highly rated isn't he?

And how did that work out for them, they should of picked Mustard and had Wright batting lower. And didn't Foster drop a catch in that game, I'm pretty sure he did.

If you have seen our collapses recently you will know we need all the batters we can get. Manou is handy with the gloves but the best keeper in Aus is Hartley.

And how did that work out for them, they should of picked Mustard and had Wright batting lower. And didn't Foster drop a catch in that game, I'm pretty sure he did.

1 game isn't proof that it's a bad choice. Foster's the best T20 Keeper in England, and a tremendous keeper at that. He's miles ahead of anyone else in England, and any shouts of Mustard coming in are frankly laughable. He shouldn't have been in in the first place, and certainly doesn't deserve to be brought in now.

Turns out Haddin's batting at 4 anyway. Not too sure about that. Think they're carrying him, Clarke and to some extent Ponting in the middle order. None are particularly strong T20 players, and with Mussey out of touch last time I saw him, their batting could be fairly weak. Have to wait and see, I feel that Warner and Watson getting off to a good start will be pivotal for them.

If it was upto me I'd go in with:

1. Shane Watson
2. David Warner
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Michael Hussey
5. Brad Hodge
6. David Hussey
7. Cameron White
8. Chris Hartley + or whoever the strongest T20 keeper is
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Brett Lee
11. Nathan Bracken

Heck of a side that. How Hodge doesn't get in is beyond me. Clarke shouldn't be ahead of Hodge in the T20 pecking order that's for sure.

Last edited:
I rhink Aussies would have benefited by bowling first. Watson is out as I write. :D

Users who are viewing this thread