Group C - 11th Match Sri Lanka v West Indies

Why's it harsh? It's true. Taylor's either on fire, or very, very average. When he's on fire he's unplayable, those spells are just too few and far between.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree there, Taylor averages 32-33 in test cricket and 26-27 in ODI cricket. For mine he is one of the best young bowlers in the world. He might seem average sometimes, but thats because when his good his really good not because he is average.

Warner is so much more controlled now and seems to know his game a lot better than when he played in the ODIs. It has killed his ultra aggressive style that saw him selected though.

Taylor often follows 1 or 2 good Tests by a few awful ones where he looks incredibly average. His last 10 Tests:

vs Sri Lanka: 6/126
vs Australia: 5/128
vs Australia: 3/110
vs New Zealand: 1/61
vs New Zealand: 4/143
vs England: 8/85
vs England: 2/107
vs England: 1/112
vs England: 2/103
vs England: 0/68

There are a few really good performances in there, but those are mixed in with some shockers. When Taylor is on it, he is absoloutely unplayable, as he proved in Jamaica. But when he's lacking rhythm, his pace is down, he doesn't move it much and he never looks particularly effective. He has the potential to be a star, but only if he is more consistent. Obviously he'll have bad games, all bowlers do, but Taylor just has far more than any of the really top quicks going around World Cricket atm. Similarly, James Anderson used to be very much the same, nowadays he's far more consistent, and Taylor will find that consistency as he matures as a cricketer and knows his game better.

Taylor is always a handful in the shorter forms of the game. Whenever I see a Windies scorecard he always has 1-2 wickets and when hes on song it can go up to 3-4. His bowling average and strike rate in the shorter form of the says it all really.

And typical the spinner slowing us down. Just hope Warner doesn't lose his wicket to Benn.

agree with howsie, he's just dropped out the top 10 in both formats, and that's largely due to him recovering from a car crash and not coming back firing. also, some of those preformances were on the pie flat wickets the windies prepared. Anderson who you brought up I imagine had equally poor figures.

also wish edwards would just get his bowling together a bit. There are a lot of bowlers with better averages and more consistency than him, but no one quite bowls with same aggression (maybe siddle a bit, but siddle doesn't have the pace of edwards). he has an old fashioned west indian attitude and it's fantastic to see.

Warner is so much more controlled now and seems to know his game a lot better than when he played in the ODIs. It has killed his ultra aggressive style that saw him selected though.

It always happen. Dhoni when he came in side and nowdays is totally diffrent. Only guy who has not changed is Afridi.

It always happen. Dhoni when he came in side and nowdays is totally diffrent. Only guy who has not changed is Afridi.

It's the pressure from the coach which forces them to stay settle down or they will get dropped. Symonds was the same for us and yea whenever I think of Dhoni these days I think of a more cool, calm player rather than the explosive one that he was made out to be before his debut. Pakistan have put no pressure on Afridi it seems, hence he can continue his slogging.

I knew, Warner is just a more than hitter. It is not his fault that his domestic team doesn't want him in four days game. Sensible stuff from Warner. Pitch is still good for batting so I think Australia need to accelerate at some stage.

Last edited:
Hmmm just when Haddin was hitting form he gets out :(
Hussey is the right man to come in for this situation though, enough time to get set before he does his pin point shots to the boundary.

Edit: Other Hussey in, still same applies.

Very controlled 50 by Warner, good work son!

LOL'd at Mussey almost taking some Windies blokes head off when he as warming up with the 2 bats on the sidelines :D

Warner looking decent out here. Has a solid technique, and has played nicely under pressure. Looks a real talent.

Quite the shot by Dussey, he really does love playing the Windies. Hope he can reproduce his 19 ball 50 or whatever it was. Warner starting to tee off, this should be good to watch :)

Evenly poised game, although its all on Gayles shoulders.

Thought Johnson was finally going to produce a good knock in the shorter form of the game.
Poor Windies, their fielding woes continues. Drops a sitter and knocks it for 6 :p

Users who are viewing this thread