Group D - 10th Match NZ v SA

nz0003

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hes scored an ODI hundred off about 70 balls, If he does that in a twenty20 we make 180.

Franklin is no where near as good a batsman as Ryder.

Why does everyone want Ryder out? hes better than any replacement, hes a decent bowler, I reckon better than Franklin.

If Michael Clarke was out of form, you wouldnt drop him, so why drop Ryder?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I actually wanted Clarke dropped and even had Ponting dropped from my ideal T20 side so yes I would drop a player if they aren't performing in a certain form. Both have at least proven themselves in the warmup, can't say the same for Ryder.

nz0003

International Cricketer
He has done better with the ball, than with most bowlers.

Are you going to open the bowling with him?

Warm ups mean ████.

Ari

International Cricketer
Hes scored an ODI hundred off about 70 balls, If he does that in a twenty20 we make 180.

Franklin is no where near as good a batsman as Ryder.

Why does everyone want Ryder out? hes better than any replacement, hes a decent bowler, I reckon better than Franklin.

If Michael Clarke was out of form, you wouldnt drop him, so why drop Ryder?

You have to look at his T20 stats and also his form. He averages only 20 as an opening batsman which is not good enough. If this was a test or ODI and he was in bad form I wouldn't be calling for him to be dropped but he has not proven himself in the shortest format of the game at all. With the world cup here we must pick our best XI and I don't think he is in it, I am sure he will find his feet in this format at some stage and be a big part of the team.

Ari

International Cricketer
If today is rained off and tomorrow is as well (It says its meant to be worse tomorrow when Scotland play SA) It means Scotland will go into the super 8's and SA and NZ will have to play off for the last spot......

nz0003

International Cricketer
No it doesnt.

NZ and RSA are ranked 1 & 2 in the groups, Scotland have to beat one of us to go through.

Ari

International Cricketer
No it doesnt.

NZ and RSA are ranked 1 & 2 in the groups, Scotland have to beat one of us to go through.

Points are shared if the game is rained off meaning Scotland would have 2 and NZ and SA would have 1 each, with their match being the playoff.

I am probably getting ahead of myself with the weather predictions but I would hate for it to turn out like this. England play tomorrow as well and that would mean they go out too.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No it doesnt.

If both of Scotland's games are rained off, they would have 2 points and New Zealand and South Africa would have 1 each. The NZ v SA game would be a play-off for the Super 8:

1. NZ/SA (3 points)
2. Scotland (2 points)
3. NZ/SA (1 point)

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Damn, as far as team news is concerned, we have shocker that Vettori is not playing today. Mc Cullum will lead kiwiz.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If both of Scotland's games are rained off, they would have 2 points and New Zealand and South Africa would have 1 each. The NZ v SA game would be a play-off for the Super 8:

1. NZ/SA (3 points)
2. Scotland (2 points)
3. NZ/SA (1 point)

Well that would suck.

irottev

School Cricketer
According to cricinfo Vettori had a shoulder injection. We probably have zero show of winning without him. Let's hope it doesn't affect him.

Users who are viewing this thread