Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

The most unpredictable match-up to kick-off the event.
I`d go for the Windies winning just by a whisker.
It depends on which side of the bed the Pakistanis get up on and which Pakistani team turns up to the ground !
Not a lot different with the windies though but the home crowd should lift their spirits !

Gayle is the key man , even more of a key role than Lara in this team. If he clicks , the Windies seem to keep going for the bowling . Gayle`s role with the ball is a key as well on the slow wickets.

Coming to Pakistan, they must open with Younis Khan and play Yousuf and No.3 and Inzy at 4.
They tend to lose their opening pair cheaply, a far too often.
The Pakistani bowling looks a bit slim without the 2 key quickies.
Umar Gul looks good and the less said about Sami the better.
Rana Naved has to find his rhythm back if they are to get far in this tourney.
He has proved to be real easy meat for all teams in recent times,going for about 7r.p.o.

The Windies bowling looked decent the other day against India. Darren Powell looked superb .
Pakistan`s best chance would be to chase because the West Indies` have a habit of collapsing really badly while batting first when there is some juice in the pitch.

Well Inzi's press conference turned out to be exceedingly funny with Mir translating wrongly.
Coming to today's match,West Indies will be a force unless Pakistan puts up a good score.

^ They can appoint Rameez, he is the only person who can speak decent English lol

Group D - Watch out for the Irish!! - I feel we're going cause an upset!!

Sami should be in the starting 11, he has played good in the last couple of ODIs he has played in and is the only genuine quick on the team. and Malik holds the key for Pakistan in the tournament.

Cautious start by the Windies. The pitch seems quite conductive to swing. That first Rana delivery to Gayle swung a bit.

BTW, is that a shade of blue I see in the Pakistani kit?

Gayle goes. :D

gaurav_indian said:
Good start by west indies.And Rana spotting a new look.

yea and hes also sporting the same freakin form, boy there is a guy that needs to be left out of the 11. i feel that Sami would have been much more useful than Rana.

Sarwan looks in good nick (he'll probably get out now) and Pakistan look on top here, Pakistans weakness is in their bowling so the Windies should be looking for big runs

Users who are viewing this thread