Group B - Bangladesh, Bermuda, India, Sri Lanka

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
prarara said:
Is Jonty Rhodes, or that American Coach from New Zealand available? The latter's worked wonders with NZ fielding.

Do you mean the American dude who's made Australia good at fielding not NZ?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Cricketman93 said:
All it takes is one duck for a whole nation to ignore almost 15000 ODI runs and 10000 test runs and immediatley call for dropping. Its sad how people forget things so quickly.
But didn't you hear? All those runs came only against the minnows or in unimportant matches! </sarcasm>

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
surendar said:
What happened to u sai? :) U want Prasad to be bowling coach :p I still remember how he was smashed by many left handers with no mercy..especially Jayasuriya is so fond of him and next to Sanath is Gary Kirsten!

I guess thats from where the slow bowlers originated. In my opinion, Prasad himself is nowhere near a good bowler.. if he is to be the bowling coach.. We can expect more & more slower bowlers ;)

Nothing wrong. A coach is not just rated on how he played the game himself. Did John Buchanan play the game? How does he coach Australia so well?

Prasad is a qualified coach. He has had training in coaching and is a well qualified coach. Also remember, Prasad was coach of India-A team that reached the final of the Under-19 World Cup last time but lost to Pakistan!

Dravid's choices - Shastri, Robin Singh and Venkatesh Prasad

http://worldcup.indiatimes.com/Coachs_job_may_be_split_into_three/articleshow/1868033.cms

Rahul Dravid is amazing, truly amazing! I didnt expect Shastri, but Shastri is a decent decision too. I was hoping for Robin Singh to be fielding coach, and Prasad to be bowling coach. And Dravid feels the same. Dravid felt that Tom Moody would have been a better coach. Tom Moody has been doing very well with Sri Lanka now. He is a guy who thinks really well.

I feel if this is the permanent solution, it would be awesome. We dont need a coach at all. May be relieve Shastri in the future and have a good batting coach (for the junior players, like John Wright or Whatmore or some one cheaper from India).

I feel we dont need a single coach, but a team of people to manage this team!

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
saisrini80 said:
Also remember, Prasad was coach of India-A team that reached the final of the Under-19 World Cup last time but lost to Pakistan!
Eh? Are you suggesting our A team is built up of just juniors? :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
sohummisra said:
Eh? Are you suggesting our A team is built up of just juniors? :p

Oops! Sorry, that was a typo! It was our India U-19 team!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
saisrini80 said:
Nothing wrong. A coach is not just rated on how he played the game himself. Did John Buchanan play the game? How does he coach Australia so well?

Prasad is a qualified coach. He has had training in coaching and is a well qualified coach. Also remember, Prasad was coach of India-A team that reached the final of the Under-19 World Cup last time but lost to Pakistan!

Hmmm... that was one of the worst defeats! Anyways, Prasad might be eligible option but not an best option I guess. Lets see what happens, i may be proven wrong. I have no gud opinion except Aamir Sohail's 96WC dismissal on Prasad. Lets see if he impresses as a bowling coach if at all selected.

As Rohit said, Kapil Dev seems to be a gud choice too. But in my opinion, I really want Wasim Akram to be the bowling coach.

I am sure he will do it.. but the worst thing that might happen is, cancellation of citizenship for him. Already many issues were raised when Akram gave some tips to Pathan. But you know, these type of attitudes are just rubbish. Helping attitude shd be encouraged not discouraged.

If Akram comes by miracle, i am sure, Pathan wud be our star bowler for sure. Ok, whoever comes as bowling coach shd do the following things,

1) He shd make the bowlers to improve their body language especially for Munaf.

2) He shd help the bowlers to increase the speed and in line/length. I dont see any future for bowlers if all are in 120Kmph... You can say the bowlers like Pollock/Mcgrath are slow and effective but they are well supported by bowlers like Ntini/Lee. This is where we are going wrong.. All bowlers bowling no pace which is looking to lack some chemistry there ;)

3) He shd help in swing. I am yet to see a Srinath's deadly inswinger in current bowlers. Reverse swing...do we use such one :p If Tendulkar can bowl inswings and outswings then what happened to our dear so called fast bowlers!

4) Spinners shd get assistance too.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
surendar said:
Hmmm... that was one of the worst defeats! Anyways, Prasad might be eligible option but not an best option I guess. Lets see what happens, i may be proven wrong. I have no gud opinion except Aamir Sohail's 96WC dismissal on Prasad. Lets see if he impresses as a bowling coach if at all selected.

As Rohit said, Kapil Dev seems to be a gud choice too. But in my opinion, I really want Wasim Akram to be the bowling coach.

I am sure he will do it.. but the worst thing that might happen is, cancellation of citizenship for him. Already many issues were raised when Akram gave some tips to Pathan. But you know, these type of attitudes are just rubbish. Helping attitude shd be encouraged not discouraged.

If Akram comes by miracle, i am sure, Pathan wud be our star bowler for sure. Ok, whoever comes as bowling coach shd do the following things,

2) He shd help the bowlers to increase the speed and in line/length. I dont see any future for bowlers if all are in 120Kmph... You can say the bowlers like Pollock/Mcgrath are slow and effective but they are well supported by bowlers like Ntini/Lee. This is where we are going wrong.. All bowlers bowling no pace which is looking to lack some chemistry there ;)

3) He shd help in swing. I am yet to see a Srinath's deadly inswinger in current bowlers. Reverse swing...do we use such one :p If Tendulkar can bowl inswings and outswings then what happened to our dear so called fast bowlers!

4) Spinners shd get assistance too.

Lot of dreams. Hope they turn into reality.

Wasim Akram or Kapil Dev would be high profile guys! May be they might not work well with the team. We need low profile guys as coach of our team and Prasad fits in the bill. And you repeatedly keep emphasising on the bowling skills of Prasad. That doesnt count man. He is a trained coach, he is an experienced coach, thats all you need. He doesnt need to be a great bowler to do that! Coaching is a specialization, not always something that you teach based on your experience!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
sohummisra said:
It's easy to ignore all this since you seem to have a personal agenda against Sachin.

It's not any personal vendettta that i have aginst him.
He is not the one who instills fear into the oppostion anymore.Earlier his presence used to terrify the bowlers.Nowadays,it not like that.I seriously feel that he should be dropped for some time,so he can go back to his basics.
Let him prove himself in domestic cricket and make a come-back to the side.

surendar said:

I think Akram has been offered Indian citizenship.He has been staying in India since the 2003 WC.I believe the contract with ESS helped him get Indian citizenship.

Increasing the pace,I believ is not in the hands of a bowling coach.For that,a fitness expert is needed.

I agree that a fast-bowler as coach will do good.He can help us swing the ball,eps Pathan.

4) Spinners shd get assistance too

You need a spinner for that like B.S.Bedi

Users who are viewing this thread