Group C - Canada, England, Kenya, New Zealand

gaurav_indian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
wow Canada playing really well.Davison is on fire.50/0 in 4.4 overs.

Edit 63/0 in 6.3 overs :eek:

Last edited:

PhilD123

International Coach
Davison firing on all cyclinders, incredible start by Canada, my fear is that 1 wicket will spark a bit of a collapse but nice to see the NZ bowlers getting hammered a bit. Although, I think it would be a different story if Bond was playing.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
yep this game is showing just how key Bonds fitness will be throughout this tournament for New Zealand, and we got stick for our bowling! This is probably best for New Zealand,should give them a workout and make sure they're focused in the super 8 stages

PhilD123

International Coach
Leicester Fox said:
This is probably best for New Zealand,should give them a workout and make sure they're focused in the super 8 stages
Yeah and as one commentator pointed out, cant remember which one. This is what a Jayasuriya/Sehwag/Gilly could do against them so its good experience.

Oh dear, Tuffey's delight rapdily turned to dismay when he realised McCullum had dropped it.

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

International Coach
PhilD123 said:
Yeah and as one commentator pointed out, cant remember which one. This is what a Jayasuriya/Sehwag/Gilly could do against them so its good experience.

Oh dear, Tuffey's delight rapdily turned to dismay when he realised Boucher had dropped it.
Boucher or Mcculum? :p

PhilD123

International Coach
gaurav_indian said:
Boucher or Mcculum? :p
LOL, silly me! I still had the table on my mind where it showed the 50's and had Boucher and McCullum on it. :p

Anyhow, I fear that Davison wicket will now slow Canada down and cause a collapse. It would be nice if it didn't, but in my opinion it will.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Kiwis now have the batting form sorted with Vincent making that 100.
Good counter so far from Davison with that quickfire 50 too bad he got out.

Bilal91

International Coach
yeah Davison is a very nifty little batter...he got that fastest hundred last time around against WI...and now this...I knew from the start that Canada can't win this match even though they started at lightning pace but they still put up a respectable total...i mean 245 isn't a bad score...and there are still a couple of overs to go...i think if they batted first, than it would have been interesting to see the kiwis chase it...

Chimp132

International Cricketer
I think canada should be playing more odi cricket, because 247 or what ever they got isnt a bad score, i mean that would beat england or any international team on a good day, just sort out their bowling and there would be a good team

irottev

School Cricketer
Yeah, good to see McCullum steal that record. Good batting at the end. Vincent coasted through easy. Fleming unlucky, he looked fantastic. Macca and Styris clearly going for big shots so Canada had no chance.

Our bowling didn't look flash. But Canada had no pressure. The 2 opening bowlers are really only 4th and fifth options behind Bondy, Gillespie and Franklin. We bowled em out, so I guess they did their job.

We are a better chasing side, we would have chased it easy. I'm glad we batted, early on we got a test for about 10 overs, then it was only 1 way traffic. We woulda got 400 if the ball did nothing early. The first 10 were very slow compared to Canada.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why could'nt the Canadians have had Davison open the batting for them ?
He showed what he is capable of,this time and last time too.

Users who are viewing this thread