Group E - England, India, New Zealand, South Africa

baburao

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
CHOKERS!!!!!

Thankyou India. I had a feeling this could happen.

I hope final will be b/w India and New Zealand.So that we can take the revenge of the Super 8 match.:p And 2002 champions trophy also.:p
To pakistani fans :- Dont underestimate New Zealand.;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I hope final will be b/w India and New Zealand.So that we can take the revenge of the Super 8 match.:p And 2002 champions trophy also.:p
To pakistani fans :- Dont underestimate New Zealand.;)

They will laugh at you for saying India will beat Australia to enter the World Cup final. Even though Australia have been beaten by Zimbabwe and Pakistan, they are still the top team to beat, and India need every drop of the confidence that they have gained with these two back to back wins if they got to beat Australia. But its not impossible. Australia are favorites by 55-45

zub2005

International Coach
a great final would be india v pakistan. but if we play new zealnd in the final i dont mind just want to get there.

baburao

Club Cricketer
They will laugh at you for saying India will beat Australia to enter the World Cup final. Even though Australia have been beaten by Zimbabwe and Pakistan, they are still the top team to beat, and India need every drop of the confidence that they have gained with these two back to back wins if they got to beat Australia. But its not impossible. Australia are favorites by 55-45

They are allowed to laugh.They were writing us off.Look where are we now.I dont think the pressure is on us.Its on aussies.And they played well today.But next one is Durban baby.:p

valvolux

Club Cricketer
You have to feel for the saffas...one loss and they're out...and by less than 40 runs. Considering this isn't even a final. I think they have to rejig the scoring so that you carry some points through from the group stage or something because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense cause pretty much all their wins counted for nothing. I was watching it with my saffa mate here in London and as an Australian I love nothing more than seeing the saffas self destruct (England now a distant second since they have dropped back down with the minnows) but I couldn't really argue with the guy - we lost to Zimbabwe and Pakistan yet finished top of our group...the saffas beat some quality opposition, including us in the warmups yet bow out. No justice I don't think. I know the Aussies will be laughing their heads off cause India shouldn't even be there, Pakistan will have money on themselves losing and the Kiwis have already overachieved. Believe me there is a sense of who gives a toss when playing any of these teams cause even if they do beat Australia no one can argue that it was just a fluke...the saffas are the only team who have the quality to argue that they could be better than Australia, but they are already out. Thank god we lost the VB series cause now we have room in the trophy cabinet for the 20/20 trophy!! I tell you, the quickes way to kill this gay format is for Australia to win, so lets hope they do!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Where is Surendar?? Must be sleeping. He should get up to the stunning news of India's victory.

Yep :eek: As soon as I woke up, i went to cricinfo and just can't believe my eyes still. :eek:

India has done it.. Our bowlers have done it.. Pathan was magnificent.. Bhaji was superb.. RP was sensational! ( for the first time, i am praising RP :p ) Sreesanth was great too except for those extras(6W). I just simply can't believe that our bowlers have won it for India. How did this happen? shocking as well as suprising as well as exciting! They have outsmarted the big team who have been playing so well through out this series right from the practice games. With just one loss, SA were knocked out by suprise.

It seems that SA's luck is not favouring them right from 1999 semis. Or may be, India's hard work has been rewarded. Words are struck for me.

Even in my office, i have told many of my colleagues that " India winning SA??? Don't dream and its never gonna happen! " They are going to kick me when i enter the building now. :p

Anyways, India Vs Australia in semis. Its time to take revenge for WC2003 finals eh? Nope wait, i will keep my mouth closed till the end of that match. ;)

nightprowler10

Executive member
Whoa, the prospect of a Pakistan V India sure is tempting. Well done India. Believe it or not I actually wanted India to win. I guess there is a team I dislike more than India. :p

irottev

School Cricketer
In my opinion, Pakistan have been the team of the tournament so far. I'm defiantly worried about them. Afridi has turned out to be one of the best bowlers and Gul has done well also. They also have good aggressive batsmen. Should be a good match. I hate to say it, but it looks like Pakistan are favorites. I have no doubt either side could win though.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, i was just going through the commentry from Cric-info.

Smith said:
It's hugely disappoiting. We've played some superb cricket and to think we've lost only one game and are out of the tournament, it's very disappointing

:( This is really a sad feelings for Smith. Its true that its very hard to digest the fact that, one single loss, inspite of sensational cricket in other games, have costed too much for SA. Hats off to SA though.:hpraise

Dhoni said:
The important thing is to be determined about winning and have the belief and then you'll come out on top.

Those are very sweet words and confident words too from the new captain! :clap It seems, Karthik has earned some confidence/good name from his sensational catch and two stumpings. :)

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
sa evey big tournment they get out by their own mistakes or get un llucky 1992 semi 1996 worldcup 1999 world cup 2003 worldcup 2007 champions trophy 2006 2002 they could have taken just singles and went on to score 125+ to get the semi spot but they acated stupid by playing shot when u are 5 down http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/twenty20wc/content/current/story/311892.html
u can check this too

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Selection is going to be damn hard not only for the remainder of the tournament but after that also.
All Rohit's are great at everything ;)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Rohit Sharma has done himself proud. Fantastic batting under pressure and Dhoni kept his cool too to guide India to 153!

When India got that much, I just said to myself, "We got this won." because I knew that the pitch conditions might come back to bite SA in the back and it did.

Watched every ball of it. Superb game! :D

Poor Graeme Smith... he must be feeling awful after he thought he'd got India hopping on a lively wicket. I've said in the past that it's easier to beat India on flat tracks because their bowlers struggle and the batsmen will be under much more pressure to score runs.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
You have to feel for the saffas...one loss and they're out...and by less than 40 runs. Considering this isn't even a final. I think they have to rejig the scoring so that you carry some points through from the group stage or something because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense cause pretty much all their wins counted for nothing. I was watching it with my saffa mate here in London and as an Australian I love nothing more than seeing the saffas self destruct (England now a distant second since they have dropped back down with the minnows) but I couldn't really argue with the guy - we lost to Zimbabwe and Pakistan yet finished top of our group...the saffas beat some quality opposition, including us in the warmups yet bow out. No justice I don't think. I know the Aussies will be laughing their heads off cause India shouldn't even be there, Pakistan will have money on themselves losing and the Kiwis have already overachieved. Believe me there is a sense of who gives a toss when playing any of these teams cause even if they do beat Australia no one can argue that it was just a fluke...the saffas are the only team who have the quality to argue that they could be better than Australia, but they are already out. Thank god we lost the VB series cause now we have room in the trophy cabinet for the 20/20 trophy!! I tell you, the quickes way to kill this gay format is for Australia to win, so lets hope they do!

i wish i see the day when your arrogance is squashed by seeing australia being demolished by one of the teams that you mentioned in your list. wanna see that day (hopefully soon enugh on saturday). its the administrators who created the formats (ODI and 20-20). if you guys cant play the format well, dont blame the format. blame yourselves for not adapting to it quickly. we know that you guys are scared of the dominance being eroded with this new format which gives other teams a serious chance of upstaging you and you guys dont like that.

Rohit Sharma has done himself proud. Fantastic batting under pressure and Dhoni kept his cool too to guide India to 153!

When India got that much, I just said to myself, "We got this won." because I knew that the pitch conditions might come back to bite SA in the back and it did.

Poor Graeme Smith... he must be feeling awful after he thought he'd got India hopping on a lively wicket. I've said in the past that it's easier to beat India on flat tracks because their bowlers struggle and the batsmen will be under much more pressure to score runs.

Yeah, I feel for Smith too. I agree with what he said. They had a superb tournament, and luck played a very harsh part on them by taking them out. I was hoping that they get into the semis instead of NZ because New Zealand had lost two games so far and South Africa none (before this final one!). Anyways, they have done well and will surely move on.

Anyways, India Vs Australia in semis. Its time to take revenge for WC2003 finals eh? Nope wait, i will keep my mouth closed till the end of that match. ;)

Yep. When you said India dont stand a chance, we won. So the opposite is working for you at the moment. So dont say anything now.;)

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wow didn't think SA would choke again, I was sure that we would be playing them in the semis. Congrats to India, they are starting to click in this 20/20 tournament.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Wow didn't think SA would choke again, I was sure that we would be playing them in the semis. Congrats to India, they are starting to click in this 20/20 tournament.

SA really have a jinx in these tourneys.

As for India, I think things are just starting to fall in place. We need to tighten up the bowling though - too many wides and no-balls could be costly against Australia.

And India playing in Durban under lights - would be familiar for them. Australia have everything to play for here. I hope India don't put too much pressure on themselves and just go out and play and enjoy themselves while doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread