GTA V

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Should have been more precise - the R5 graphic is in-built with 500 MB memory and the other 2 GB graphic card is AMD Radeon HD 8500M, running WatchDogs without lags at Medium settings.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
That is really good to know that card handles the high stuff games. But I doubt whether you can play City Skylines. If it does, maybe it lags.

And if you can play WatchDogs without any lags, I am sure you can play GTA 5 as well.

And RAM doesn't matter. It's just the requirement so as to run the game.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I've been playing City Skylines - works just about fine on Low-Medium settings. Yea let's see, I'm willing to risk it with Gta V, with only one ram slot, I really have no other option.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My download speed is around 270-300KB/s so it took almost 60 hours of continuous downloading!
Good luck playing GTA Online with that connection mate.

D

Deleted member 9102

Good luck playing GTA Online with that connection mate.
It will be totally fine - in terms of stability and latency my connection is good, which is what online gaming mostly relies on, I play lots of multiplayer games without issues.

My connection isn't great for downloading large files or streaming HD video but it handles gaming without any problems.

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea that connection will be fine

I will probably wait to get this. I'm planning on upgrading my computer later this year/early next year so I'll get a graphics card more capable of running it than my current one. I can run it just fine right now, but I want it to look nice when I play it :p

If I wait, we'll also have fibre by then so the download won't take as long :)

D

Deleted member 9102

It is glorious. 1080p 60fps, high settings and it runs super silky smooth - so far it looks like they have done a great job of optimising the PC version.

Transferred my 360 character easily - kept the level and property but the cars I had aren't in my garage - I still have millions of my glitched money anyway to get them back :). Trying to find my favourite car though, the Sultan... Such a great little car.

...back to playing the game! :D

D

Deleted member 9102

Loving the custom radio feature - just drag and drop your MP3s into the relevant folder and your music is in the game! It sounds like it's naturally broken up into a radio station as well, with talking in between songs and news updates for story events etc.

Also, I forgot just how much I love the air races, they are great fun! :D

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Ordered the game today, expecting it to reach me by tomorrow.

Searching around a bit regarding the retail version of the game and I've come to know that an additional patch of around 5 GB is required to play the game and with my net connection, it can be a great nightmare to download this and the Rockstar's servers make it no easier. Could any one confirm this?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Madman Have you tried heists yet? I'm interested to know if the matchmaking is any different on PC.

D

Deleted member 9102

@Madman Have you tried heists yet? I'm interested to know if the matchmaking is any different on PC.
Yeah I've done a couple (Flecca Job and Pacific Standard Job) and some of the setup missions, none as the leader yet though.

I have just used the "Join On Call" option through the phone and waited to be put into a game. It seems to work quite well and I've enjoyed the heists I've done so far.

Matchmaking for races seems the same as it was when I played on 360, which means it sucks basically. I had hoped they would have made improvements here since the initial last-gen release but nope...

On a positive note, I noticed that the Blista Compact is in the game now! That was my absolute favourite car in Vice City so I'm glad to have one in my garage in GTA:O :).

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Installed the game and played an online race for about 10 minutes, the speed is a major issue for someone like me playing online at 2mb/bs speed. Nevertheless, the whole idea of online play is very fascinating.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Were you able to play on High Settings?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
No, not on high settings. The game lagged a little which was ruining it for me. Right now, I've got everything set to normal, playing in windowed border less mode - the graphics are pretty good still and there are no lags so I suppose that's good enough to enjoy the game. :)

Chewie

BCCI President
Installed the game and played an online race for about 10 minutes, the speed is a major issue for someone like me playing online at 2mb/bs speed. Nevertheless, the whole idea of online play is very fascinating.

It won't be the speed that's your problem when playing online, it's the latency

Users who are viewing this thread