HELP : PC Upgrade

So, im know maybe i'm getting too aprehensive about my upgarde, since cost is major factor, maybe thats y im inquiring too much.

So finally.....this is what i'm going for......:D:D....its there is anything wrong in this plz do tell me.

1. Intel 965 Motherboard = B'coz this is latest and the best.

2. Intel Core2 Duo 1.8 E4300 = Again coz its the cheapest and the fastest than any of its predecessors.

3. XFX 8500GT 256MB = B'coz although is same when compaired to 7600GT/GS for DX9 games. But it will show its real colours when Dx10 games arrive. Basically a long term *cheap* investment b'coz 8600GT is for 12K as compaired to 5K of 8500GT.

4. 1GB DDR2 RAM = Ofcourse im gonna need atleast 1GB of RAM to play games on HIGH details plus also to keep my PC running smooth.

5. 500W Cabinet = I need this to support my upgraded hardware.

So, if my choice and the reason for it are not correct, then plz do tell me. Its a BIG step for me guys.

**Also, can anyone recommend any shop at Nehru Place which will give good price for my OLD components. I really need some good prices for my hardware to keep me alive in my upgarde. Currently im getting around Rs. 2500 for all the 1-4 components. I think Rs. 2500 is a bit low for it. I need someone who can give me a bit more?

Last edited:
**Also, can anyone recommend any shop at Nehru Place which will give good price for my OLD components. I really need some good prices for my hardware to keep me alive in my upgarde. Currently im getting around Rs. 2500 for all the 1-4 components. I think Rs. 2500 is a bit low for it. I need someone who can give me a bit more?

Hey tutsi, pretty good choice for the computer, i think this configuration is perfectly fine...

regarding the shop, you can try at Trade Link Computers in Nehru Place..
I always get a good bargain from that shop... You may try your luck...

Hey tutsi, pretty good choice for the computer, i think this configuration is perfectly fine...

regarding the shop, you can try at Trade Link Computers in Nehru Place..
I always get a good bargain from that shop... You may try your luck...

Can u give me its number?, i can call them up and ask the rates.

So, im know maybe i'm getting too aprehensive about my upgarde, since cost is major factor, maybe thats y im inquiring too much.

So finally.....this is what i'm going for......:D:D....its there is anything wrong in this plz do tell me.

1. Intel 965 Motherboard = B'coz this is latest and the best.

2. Intel Core2 Duo 1.8 E4300 = Again coz its the cheapest and the fastest than any of its predecessors.

3. XFX 8500GT 256MB = B'coz although is same when compaired to 7600GT/GS for DX9 games. But it will show its real colours when Dx10 games arrive. Basically a long term *cheap* investment b'coz 8600GT is for 12K as compaired to 5K of 8500GT.

4. 1GB DDR2 RAM = Ofcourse im gonna need atleast 1GB of RAM to play games on HIGH details plus also to keep my PC running smooth.

5. 500W Cabinet = I need this to support my upgraded hardware.

So, if my choice and the reason for it are not correct, then plz do tell me. Its a BIG step for me guys.

Ok, so finally.......FINALLY....i got my PC upgraded, so rather i should say re-built today, coz except and CD drive, everything got changed.

1. Motherboard Intel 965
2. Core2 Duo 1.8 E4300
3. GeForce 8500GT 256MB
4. 1GB DDR2 RAM
5. 450W Power Supply
6. 80GB SATA HDD (Coz the motherboard doesnt support the old ATA HDD. In that case, either i could attach my old ATA HDD or a CD/DVD drive. So i had to go with the SATA one.)
7. A new cabinet.(It sucks but my Compaq one wasnt big enough for the new motherboard.)
Overall it costed me approx. Rs. 16,000. Not bad at all IMO. I could sell this exaclt thing for Rs. 25,000 to anyone and he would gladly pay me.:D

@Leo: Im soo sorry, i forgot to ask about ur things, i was soo tensed up with my PC thing, i totally forgot. But i have loads of contact cards of many shops which i have personally visited and they will give u a good price. If u want i can give u the contact details.

Thnx to everyone who contributed in this thread. I greatly appriciate it. Thank you so very much for all your help.

Yeah, thats exactly what i had planned. But first thing is to see if the board supports it, coz there are 2% chances that maybe it doesnt have overclocking enabled :D

What is overclocking?

Is is dangerous for the CPU?

Btw, just played cricket 2007 on full GFX. MAN....it was AWESOM!!!

Its a shame that they have a lousy gameplay engine.

Its dangerous if you dont know what you're doing. If you do then it can be wonders for you.

Overclocking means increasing CPU speed through the motherboard. This is quite helpful if the CPU is overclocking friendly. Problems that come in the way are Heat which has to be kept in mind.

Hmm, i think im happy with my current setting at the moment.

Btw, can anybody plz post a pic of the Cricket 2007 & FIFA World Cup 2002 registry.

As i had to change my HDD, i copied all the games to my new HDD but the registry was gone. Now im unbale to play. If anybody can plz post the resgistry of the respective games, i'l be gratefull.

Thanks.

I wanted to know whats the safe temp. zone for the following. These are just the average temperatures.

Processor Temperature (Core 1) : 30 °C
Processor Temperature (Core 2) : 31 °C

Monitoring Chip GPU : nVidia Driver
GPU Temperature : 65 °C
GPU Fan : 100%

Hard Disk Temperature ST380819AS : 40 °C

Last edited:
Hmm, i think im happy with my current setting at the moment.
:rolleyes:
Btw, can anybody plz post a pic of the Cricket 2007 & FIFA World Cup 2002 registry.

As i had to change my HDD, i copied all the games to my new HDD but the registry was gone. Now im unbale to play. If anybody can plz post the resgistry of the respective games, i'l be gratefull.

Thanks.
did u copy my docs? and saved games for these games?
because, registry entries do not matter, if the game finds the save game, it lists it at loading screen.
by the way, which OS are u using?

I wanted to know whats the safe temp. zone for the following. These are just the average temperatures.

Processor Temperature (Core 1) : 30 ?C
Processor Temperature (Core 2) : 31 ?C

Monitoring Chip GPU : nVidia Driver
GPU Temperature : 65 ?C
GPU Fan : 100%

Hard Disk Temperature ST380819AS : 40 ?C
do some benchmarks
like some games, pi test, and of course 3dmarks for an hr atleast.
then tell the scores
generally:
cpu temp: about 50-60 max
GPU : reaches 90 at full load easily
HDD temp: hmm, a little high, shouldn't go above 42. mine is around 35-38, that too because i have two one above another.
did u get fan installed in front of HDD?

:rolleyes:

did u copy my docs? and saved games for these games?
because, registry entries do not matter, if the game finds the save game, it lists it at loading screen.
by the way, which OS are u using?

do some benchmarks
like some games, pi test, and of course 3dmarks for an hr atleast.
then tell the scores
generally:
cpu temp: about 50-60 max
GPU : reaches 90 at full load easily
HDD temp: hmm, a little high, shouldn't go above 42. mine is around 35-38, that too because i have two one above another.
did u get fan installed in front of HDD?

No i forgot to do that.

But when i run the games, it shows a registry error. Thats y i need the registry.

Cricket 2007 runs with its original exe, but doest runs and shows a registry error when i run it the stroke variation exe. its in the root directory. so i dunno how ti fix that.

no my cabinet didnt had space to get a fan fixed in front of the HDD, so instead i got 2 fans fixed at the back + i have left one side of my cabinet oen. All this is without AC at the moment.

no my cabinet didnt had space to get a fan fixed in front of the HDD, so instead i got 2 fans fixed at the back + i have left one side of my cabinet oen. All this is without AC at the moment.
what the hell!!!!
how many HDD u have?
if there is one, then it's ok. but more, then heat builds up bwt the too, and only front fan can cool these off.

woops, last exam tomorow.gotta study a little more.
gnite. :)

Users who are viewing this thread