Hindi Cinema Discussion

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Guys, do watch Berozgaar. It has strong Hyderabadi flavour & comedy, but an awesome message in the end. Seriously, I'm feeling like a different citizen after watching it.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Has anybody watched Ek Tha Tiger? Its critically well acclaimed. I don't want to go for another stupid Salman Khan movie after Bodyguard.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The reviews for 'Ek Tha Tiger' are quite positive, which I expected since this film comes from the Yash Raj Banner and is also helmed by the guy who did films like 'Kabul Express' and 'New York'. Good to see Salman do a more sensible and 'less mindless' masala film.

Hoping to watch it tomorrow.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
You'd be kicking yourself after watching ETT. Mindless Salman at his very best.

I saw quite afew Hindi movies recently- had a go at 'Bol Bachchan' and then saw the original 'Golmaal' [1979] :)

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Saw Ek Tha Tiger. Not as great as it was hyped. The more the scenes become ridiculous, the more you smile, but thats it. Action is good, but a copy of most Hollywood scenes.

I guess Spiderman should learn how to stop a train at high speeds from Salman Khan. :facepalm

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Came across a news stating that a Hindi version of a south Indian movie will be made which start Raghu Lawrence in the original movie. He, most probably, will be retained in the Hindi version as well. It is said to be a comedy and horror (at the same time) movie. I wonder if its the movie in which a man residing in slums is killed by a minister and his spirit gets into the body of a coward-some Raghu Lawrence and takes the revenge from the minister.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Came across a news stating that a Hindi version of a south Indian movie will be made which start Raghu Lawrence in the original movie. He, most probably, will be retained in the Hindi version as well. It is said to be a comedy and horror (at the same time) movie. I wonder if its the movie in which a man residing in slums is killed by a minister and his spirit gets into the body of a coward-some Raghu Lawrence and takes the revenge from the minister.

Yes... You're right. That movie name is "Kaanchana". In fact, Lawrence was in talks with Salman to do that role done by himself in the original, but Salman it seems has declined.

Its actually a decent entertainer. However, Lawrence doing it himself in Hindi won't do any good. Hope he finds a good star to do the film. Lawrence will sound very South Indian'ish with his Hindi (he spoke a few lines in the original too and it was so funny!). Akshay or Hrithik would be awesome. There is another important role of an eunuch who dies and whose spirit enters Lawrence. For that eunuch role, Sanjay Dutt would be perfect.

Fenil

Yes... You're right. That movie name is "Kaanchana". In fact, Lawrence was in talks with Salman to do that role done by himself in the original, but Salman it seems has declined.

Its actually a decent entertainer. However, Lawrence doing it himself in Hindi won't do any good. Hope he finds a good star to do the film. Lawrence will sound very South Indian'ish with his Hindi (he spoke a few lines in the original too and it was so funny!). Akshay or Hrithik would be awesome. There is another important role of an eunuch who dies and whose spirit enters Lawrence. For that eunuch role, Sanjay Dutt would be perfect.

I've watched some parts of that movie (till Rajnikanth's head appears before a retarded acting girl :p) and it looked pretty good. If I'm not wrong, Akshay Kumar will be featuring in the movie. Not aware what role he is roped for though.

Last edited:

Fenil

Any reviews on Joker ?

I've not the watched the movie and nor do I have any plan to after Watching the review from Komal Nahta yesternight. Most cinemas had to cancel few of their morning shows and many shows had round about 10% capacity. The length of the movie is said to be very short. The movie is not at all impressive as per him.

Here is the detailed review of Joker by:

Komal Nahta and Taran Adarsh

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Saw Kahaani today. Its a must watch. The suspense is kept very well right till the end. Brilliant performances especially, Vidya Balan. All those who are and aren't a big fan of Hindi cinema, this is one of those rare movies coming from Bollywood.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know this is a Cinema Thread, but I don't know where else to post this.

Does anyone else watch CID. I know it is seriously lame with all the crappy effects and horrendous storylines.

I was wondering whether there are other shows like this, which are maybe a tad better written

Users who are viewing this thread