Hindi Cinema Discussion

Gurjot95

National Board President
CID used to be good. Now it's just a show which is forced to air on every Saturday hence the decline in story due to out of ideas. Too bad India don't have system to air TV series by each season. The main reason people here get bored easily of all the repeated telecasts everyday and lost interest easily.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
CID used to be good. Now it's just a show which is forced to air on every Saturday hence the decline in story due to out of ideas. Too bad India don't have system to air TV series by each season. The main reason people here get bored easily of all the repeated telecasts everyday and lost interest easily.

You have to appreciated it has been going on for 16 odd years, and now and again they put forward a good story, it is just that the acting of some people is so bad it is unbelievable. The latest one was actually good until the end where they crammed 15 minutes worth of stuff in to 5 minutes because they all wasted most of there time mourning about Abhijeet's death, who miraculously came back to life after been shot 3 times in the chest

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member

This.

Used to follow CID 6-7 years back. I guess that was more because I felt proud for most shooting happened in my locality. :p
Its now totally crap. For instance in a scene in the last episode I saw, the ACP on seeing that the window glass was broken and a bullet inside the house says that the bullet must have been shot from the outside. Now how brilliant is that?
That said, you can't really blame them. Most of the Indian audience do not really have a good ear to shows similar to the foreign crime shows.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have never been a big fan of CID, though my parents and sister at home are die hard fans of it even today. The last few episodes (that of Abhijeet being shot, Abhijeet recovering that little girl Siya, etc) was a little interesting. But still, this is a show that's being dragged indefinitely just because it was a success some years back.

Agree with Friend863! The trend of season based shows should be implemented in India. Someone should change the dynamics of Indian television for the good. Its either these CID type shows, or the Ekta Kapoor never ending soap operas.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Watched OMG. By far, the best movie that I've watched since 3 Idiots (I've not watched Barfi). Fabulous acting by Paresh Rawal backed up by brilliant dialogues and concept. Much better than the play Kishan vs Kanhaiya. Watch it one and all.

Varun

ICC Board Member
CID was pretty great until around two to three ago when there was a sudden overkill of it. Every time one switched on to Sony, CID was there, with the same old stories, same old dialogues. After that phase, the episode plots completely degraded and became predictable right from the very beginning of the plot.

Adaalat is fairly good IMO. Right, you always know KD Pathak (the protagonist) is going to come out the victor in the end, but still it has still the unpredictability involved with regards to his modus operandi and has some shrewd elements (CID, let us admit, has none. Their 'shrewd' elements would actually make for great Captain Obvious jokes). But the main reason it's good is because they don't give us an overdose of it. Weekends is just fine.

Talking of overdose of TV shows by Sony, look at what they've done to Crime Patrol. It was a great show initially (and they actually questioned the psychology behind crimes rather than labeling every convicted as a terrible idiot evil who'll waiting for the noose to be around their neck for the rest of his life - yes, CID I'm looking at you), but the overdose completely made the message they apparently wanted to deliver pointless and transformed it into a TRP-generating entertainment show. It's happenings like these that make me cynical of India and think these people are utter hypocrites.

Ra-One

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Delhi_Safari_Poster.jpg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Sad that the iconic filmmaker "Yash Chopra" is no more. He died yesterday, of dengue infection. All the more ironic that his last film titled "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" (more irony that he titled it this way!) is going to release in 3 weeks.

Yash Chopra will live in the legend of Bollywood as the most romantic film maker ever! Now, one has to watch "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" to view the final ode of Yash Chopra. The movie acquires tremendous significance now... Eagerly awaiting!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
R.I.P Yash Chopra, what a romantic producer, have to respect his films

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Saw English Vinglish. A slow movie, but the message is well delivered. This is my first experience of a Sridevi movie, and I must admit she is good indeed.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Watched "Oh My God". Excellent movie! Perfect film that suits the current scenario in India where god and religion have been converted into a "recession free" money making business. Its an adaptation of "The Man who sued God". But its a great movie! Paresh Rawal is excellent as Kanjilal Mehta....:cheers Akshay should be praised for his guts to produce such a film and lend his star power to it.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Saw 1920 Evil Returns. A better film than the prequel. They could've done a bit better though. None of the spooky scenes are 'new' though.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' tomorrow! Hearing some good reviews on it emanating from the grand premiere show that happened a few hours back! Its a Yash Chopra musical with SRK, AR Rahman and Gulzar. And the director didn't live to see his work onscreen. Huge hype would be an understatement!

Fingers crossed....

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Is it just me or Rahman's songs just aren't great as one would expect, in THIS movie? Apart from Challa, no other song really makes me say "man, that's Rahman for you"! A little disappointed but then gain, we cannot expect him to be so damn consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread