Hindi Cinema Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Watched 'Talaash'. Personal opinion - I REALLY LIKED THE FILM! Its not a film for everybody for sure. Some will really like it, some will hate it. If you're a fan of the Salman-Ajay type masala, there is not much hope for you in this film. But if you enjoy the 'Farhan Akthar' type films like Dil Chahta Hai, Karthik Calling Karthik, Rock On, etc, you will most probably like this film....

I fall in that second category. The suspense was kept gripping for most parts of the film, courtesy an excellent background score by Ram Sampath. Aamir Khan as usual plays a part in the script like he always does in his film. His acting in the last scene of the film is truly exceptional. Shows why he is regarded as a great actor. Rani is excellent and has a tough role to play which she pulls off quite well, and Kareena has improved a lot with this film.

P.s: Don't read the below spoiler if you haven't watched it. Since PC offers spoiler feature, I thought I would discuss on the big spoiler of the film..... ALSO DON'T QUOTE THIS POST BECAUSE THE QUOTE FEATURE DISPLAYS THE SPOILER TEXT!

Kareena is not real in the film! She plays a ghost... Thats the twist of the film. People were speculating if Aamir or Rani or Kareena would be the killers. But this twist was nice enough that quite some people won't speculate.... Well hidden!

Would rate the film a 4/5.

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I had heard of the spoiler before hand. Even if I hadnt it wasnt my typical film. Thought it was a rip off of an English film whose name I cannot remember, cause I do recall watching something of a similar storyline.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Saw 3 Idiots again for like the 10th time. Such a timeless movie and more importantly, you can watch it over and over again and you'll still love it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Saw 3 Idiots again for like the 10th time. Such a timeless movie and more importantly, you can watch it over and over again and you'll still love it.

Completely agree! I have watched it umpteen times. Many a time, I have watched few scenes or songs from it just to de-stress myself. I am sure future generations will love this movie as much as we do.:cheers

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Completely agree! I have watched it umpteen times. Many a time, I have watched few scenes or songs from it just to de-stress myself. I am sure future generations will love this movie as much as we do.:cheers

Completely agree. And it shows that you don't have to have a Malika naked dancing or any form of degrading acts to get a film to be a massive hit.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Saw Agneepath again this afternoon. Liked it as much as I did before. Hrithik is a damn powerfull actor and has grown leaps and bounds.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Wait, what's wrong with Malika naked dancing bro? :rolleyes

I generally hate her, she can't even act and she earns more than so many decent actors. And she is not that attractive either. I mean she is just bones. I would prefer someone like Sonakshi, Katrina Kaif etc (someone who actually has a figure) as an item girl. People like Malika don't suit item numbers in my opinion.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Saw Omkara only recently... Man! I Loved It... Kudos To Vishal Bharadwaj And All The Lead Actors For making it a Treat to watch! :cheers

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I generally hate her, she can't even act and she earns more than so many decent actors. And she is not that attractive either. I mean she is just bones. I would prefer someone like Sonakshi, Katrina Kaif etc (someone who actually has a figure) as an item girl. People like Malika don't suit item numbers in my opinion.

Man... you're so picky with your naked dancers, like gee. :rolleyes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Saw Omkara only recently... Man! I Loved It... Kudos To Vishal Bharadwaj And All The Lead Actors For making it a Treat to watch! :cheers

Wow dude.... Since you're a Tamil guy, I remember that Vivek comedy in a Tamil film where he says "Mahatma Gandhi sethutaara? (Has Mahatma Gandhi died?):lol

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Watched Talaash last night. My immediate thought to the film was that it was stunning and the movie progressed very well, and that the twist was quite well done. After a few hours now, I feel the twist was not that great enough as expected. Also, the way things advanced to the climax was a bit slow and the songs could be just wiped off the film(but again, its Bollywood).

Fine performances by the lead trio. Even with not so many scenes, Temoor plays brilliant for the role he had. It starts off as an suspense thriller and you end up understanding its an art film. I loved the way, you sit back tight, waiting to know who's the murderer. I liked both the direction and screenplay., and the background score was good as well. The film is definitely not for kids, who wouldn't understand most of the parts, although I saw a lot of them in the hall. As SaiSrini said, not a film for all.

If I were to rate the film: 3.5/5. Songs were useless in the movie, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread