Hindi Cinema Discussion

Or, even if I dont like the film, I can atleast enjoy looking at Shraddha Kapoor (the girl is damn cute and eye candy to watch).

Hmmm .. don't find her that attractive. Maybe because she has a flat toned voice .. so the moment she opens her mouth .. :noway

Hmmm .. don't find her that attractive. Maybe because she has a flat toned voice .. so the moment she opens her mouth .. :noway

Arey, when you are enjoying a girl's beauty, why care about the voice?:D I don't find her voice that bad. In fact I have gotten pretty used to her voice. The way she says "Eyyy.....Villian" in the movie "Ek Villian" is pretty popular.

She is just eye candy. She hasn't shown great acting potential and all. But purely from looks perspective, she looks really pretty (tho simple).

Watched Haider! Really well made film, but couldn't stand the excessive violence (towards the end of the second half) and all the disgusting tale of digging dead bodies. The bloodbath was nauseating, and probably way too strong for a guy like me who is prone to getting mentally disturbed seeing all this.

The performances were really solid, with Shahid Kapoor turning up with his career best ever! Kaminey was overrated, but with this one, he nails it down completely. He is truly a superlative actor who can be a top drawer guy if he used by right directors like Vishal Bhardwaj. And for the record, I personally believe Shahid is a way way better actor than Ranbir Kapoor (though Shahid being the diplomatic guy, keeps saying that Ranbir is the best of his generation). Tabu was as good as she ever was. We know that she is a legend at such roles, and she turns up. Kay Kay Menon is terrific. Shraddha does not have much to do other than look beautiful and romance Shahid (she looked hot in the Khul Kabhi song). The songs were excellent and the background score even better (added to the haunting effect). But somehow in the end, it all comes down to "if you can digest all of this". I found it hard. But I am not going to hold it against the film. Maybe this is the reality and Vishal has portrayed it like that (I have heard of the horrific Kashmir tales, but not to this level but I also feel there is nothing unbelievable here).

4/5

I wonder why people criticize Bang Bang so much? Some might feel its a bit long 2 and half hours, but Bollywood normally stretches so much. I guess, I would have enjoyed the movie a lot had I not seen Knight and Day before.

Haider was an absolute masterpiece. I also think Vishal got the casting of the movie spot on. Kay Kay Menon and Irfan Khan are bloody brilliant as always. Tabu's acting was magical but the main surprise for me was Shahid's performance in the movie. Shahid didn't start well but once he get that haircut in the movie(when he gets the news of his father's death), he is brilliant from that moment. He exceeded all my expectations and definitely an award worthy performance. I felt that Shraddha was very annoying. Especially in that emotional scene at the end, where her eye blinking just ruined the whole scene for me. Music was also very powerful except that one romantic song which pops out of nowhere.

@Aalay - you summarized my thoughts perfectly.

Quite an amazing movie by VB and top-notch performances. Shahid's best performance till date probably. His transformation from one state to another was fantastic to watch. Being a huge Tabu fan, I was glad to see her firing on all cylinders. The intensity in her eyes .. ahh. Irffan and KK dependable as always. Thankfully Shraddha was not given too many scenes amongst these stalwarts of acting.

I felt like the Kashmir issue was handled fairly well. And I was glad that the movie focused on the characters' stories in the second half instead of getting preachy about the issue. Excellent editing except for that romantic track, which was useless. Excellent camerawork too .. capturing the beauty and the melancholy of Kashmir at the same time.

One thing I would like to disucss though .. wtf happened in the end ? Spoiler ahead ..

I understand that Ghazala was feeling guilty and wanted to practice penance by killing herself. But why did she have to go and blow herself up in the middle of everybody else ? Was it just to protect Haider ? Or was it to ensure that Khurram gets hit too ? In which case, her preaching Haider that "Intaqam se sirf Intaqam paida hota hai" sounds a bit hypocritical, don't you think ? Even though Haider practices it in the end, which was good to see :)

----

@SaiSrini - Hmm. I personally dint find the violence too excessive but I cant understand how some people would find it a little hard to digest. My family had the same issues.

About Ranbir vs Shahid. Maybe Ranbir is not the better actor, but he has better script sense. Shahid has done some horrible movies during his career. Ranbir's has been fairly sane except for Saawariya and Besharam

Fantastic trailer of PK! The Rajkumar Hirani genius heavily seeps through! This film has all possibilities of being another epic film!! Aamir Khan rocks in all of his new avatars in this film. Anushka also looks different and refreshing. But I am pretty sure the show stealer is going to be Boman Irani.

Can't wait!

Is it just me, or PK looks like an extension of Rancho from 3Idiots ? Has the same wide-eyed expression that he had in 3Idiots. And that line about "fixing everything"

Regardless, the trailer looks really fun.. Raju Hirani has been brilliant so far, so not expecting anything less. And Anushka is awesome

I am just killing the replay button on that trailer! Aamir looks seriously funny. I am watching it at work with the audio turned off, but still I am enjoying it so much. Hope this movie is as epic as 3 Idiots! Considering Hirani's past history, we can be guaranteed of enough laughter and fun.

Before PK, I am waiting for Shankar's "Ai" (its releasing in Hindi too, so I can talk about it here). Anyone who has not watched the trailer of the film yet, better watch it! It will blow your minds off to pieces with the vision and the way the movie has been executed. Its India's costliest film (180 cr is the number floating around). Vikram and Amy Jackson play leads, with AR Rahman music and PC Sreeram's camera.

Hope this film is dubbed well into Hindi. I am sure the Hindi audience will jaw drop watching it. I want SRK to really repent his decision to reject Robot (he already half did it, now after Ai, he should really repent it hard).

^^I am glad he dint do Robot because Rajni sir was good in it :) Unless you mean, he ended up doing RaOne which was wuite terrible. Then I agree (and this is coming from and SRK fan ;))

Can u post a trailer for Ai ? Hopefully in hindi or eng ? or with subs

Here is the 'Ai' trailer!

Disclaimer: Well they do not have subtitles for the trailer, but this trailer has only one single Tamil dialogue at the very end of it (by the heroine Amy Jackson where she is tied up and says (translated), "Who are you, what do you want?"). Here you go!

This trailer is nearing 8 million views already!

^^thanks, will watch it soon

Users who are viewing this thread