Hindi Cinema Discussion

^^ Saw it, enjoyed it :) could have been edited a bit more. But delivered on what was promised

Saw HNY yesterday... Ordinary movie. First part was good but the second part just yuks.

Found the PK trailer awesome. Saw this on the youtube just now...

So... better than anything SRK can do basically?

PK looks a little too similar to Barfi in the trailer. Hopefully I'm wrong.
If You got Rajkumar Hirani & Abhijat Joshi as the writers , You never know whats coming.

So... better than anything SRK can do basically?

PK looks a little too similar to Barfi in the trailer. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It does seem inspired by the Hollywood style comedy, which is basically from where Barfi drew its inspiration too (if Barfi was Chaplinesque, PK seems more of the Mr. Bean type). But I am pretty sure Rajkumar Hirani and his team have a very different film to show us. And I get that classic "Rajkumar Hirani laughathon" vibe from the trailer which makes me madly wanting to watch the film as early as possible.

Fingers crossed! But my excitement levels are already soaring. Hirani's films are super clean, and yet they deliver entertainment like none other. Only minor issue with his films are the "toiler humor" jokes. But they started mostly in 3 Idiots.

On a sidenote, saw "Happy New Year". Incredible yawn! The only tolerable thing in the film with Abhishek Bachchan, who sadly seems slowly starting to slide into "sidekick/character" roles. He is not a great actor agreed, but he definitely has it in him to do lead roles. He is funny and can do more comic hero roles. The other "tolerable in parts" thing was Deepika Padukone (for obvious reasons! :p). The rest of the film just was yawn inducing. SRK made me feel like "is this guy that I once was a huge fan of?". His acting has become so stale that its not tolerable anymore. Two songs were decent - Manwa Laage (due to Deepika's presence) and Satakli (which I enjoyed more on my headphones). Boman Irani and Sonu Sood both were an incredible waste of talent in this film.

1.5/5

SRK only does mediocre films. He's a good actor, but all his movies are shit. He needs to learn from Ranbir (barring Besharam) and Aamir (barring Ghajini) in selecting his movies. He has enough money and fame to be selective now, but he's only done about 5 good movies in his whole career.

^^LOL .. I guess you forgot Dhoom3 besides Ghajini. And lets not even go in the post-Lagaan era
and double LOL@ only 5 good movies through SRK's career

^^LOL .. I guess you forgot Dhoom3 besides Ghajini. And lets not even go in the post-Lagaan era
and double LOL@ only 5 good movies through SRK's career

I guess you are trying to imply 'pre-Lagaan' era? Aamir Khan's post-Lagaan era is an envious thing that any actor would give both their arms and legs to have in their own respective careers. Starting from Lagaan, his fame shot up to incredible levels. Till then, he was behind SRK and Salman. Starting from Lagaan, he has built his career so well that today he is the bigger of the three stars (some could say Salman is the bigger one right now; but Aamir has given him very tough competition in the BO and yet his quality of films can never be matched by Salman).

I dont agree with shravi's comment about '5 good movies through SRK's career', though.

Sorry, yes. I meant pre-Lagaan era. And I agree, he has done some wonderful movies starting from Lagaan barring 2-3 poor ones. I just tend to find his performances very "mechanical". He gets into the skin of the character and what not, but there is a lack of spontaneity IMO. Great actor, but not a god reactor which is equally important

Absolutely top class stuff from Rajkumar Hirani! The trailer and this song is increasing expectations massively. OMG! December 19th, COME SOON!!!

Users who are viewing this thread