Hindi Cinema Discussion

^^ I don't have very high hopes .. but will still watch it :|

This movie will be sensational. :D

The original was a mediocre/average Hollywood film (starring Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz). Its a wonder why they chose to remake an average Hollywood film instead of a good Hollywood film. I dont have too much hopes in this one except for Hrithik Roshan.

Waiting for Vishal Bharadwaj's "Haider". That'll be a better film to wait for. Adaptation of Hamlet, Shahid Kapoor and Shraddha, brilliant music, etc.

Its weird .. I haven't watched a single Vishal Bharadwaj movie. Most of them are supposed to be critically acclaimed

They told that this movie is different from Knight and Day. We can only say after we see the full movie but man trailer looks amazing.

I am excited for Haider as well but I think Bang Bang will get more success as compared with Haider.

They told that this movie is different from Knight and Day. We can only say after we see the full movie but man trailer looks amazing.

I am excited for Haider as well but I think Bang Bang will get more success as compared with Haider.

Success is a very generic word. What success are we talking about? Critical acclaim (one form of success) should most likely go to Haider. Yes, box office success (or should say better box office collections) should go to Bang Bang due to the Hrithik factor (and the commercial nature of the film).

Success is a very generic word.

While you are right, the sad state of movies these days is that success is judged only on the box office numbers. And going by V-Bharadwaj's record so far, he will consider himself very lucky if Haider doesn't bomb. Getting a hit is too far-fetched for him probably

While you are right, the sad state of movies these days is that success is judged only on the box office numbers. And going by V-Bharadwaj's record so far, he will consider himself very lucky if Haider doesn't bomb. Getting a hit is too far-fetched for him probably

Kaminey was a super super hit for him. His Omkara was a hit (not a massive hit though). His films do have the audience. He strayed a bit with Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola (trying out an inane actor like Imran Khan). I am hoping he strikes back with Haider.

On another note, totally tripping over this song! After a long time, a really good 90's style high-on energy tapori'sh song. Absolutely loving Sukhi paaji's (Sukhwinder Singh's) singing. The chorus "Raadhe Raadhe Bolo Jai Kanhaiya Lal Ki" lifts mood tremendously.

Last edited:
Have to disagree - BoxOffice wise Omkara was a flop. Kaminey was what they call an average earner, but definitely not a HIT.
Also you forget the horrendous 7 Khoon Maaf besides Matru. He has had lots of critical acclaim but almost NIL BO success

Khoobsurat (Good Movie !)

i like the songs of Bang bang.... especially tu tu tu mari song... but am sad i don't know proper hindi to understand completely...

The songs of "Raunaq" (not a film album; a standalone album) are TREMENDOUS! Obviously they come from the great A.R. Rahman! Kapil Sibal (former minister) has collaborated with Rahman on the lyrics. This album is marketed as a union of Sibal's poetry with Rahman's music.

Best song is "Laadli" by Lata Mangeshkar and "Aabhi Jaa" by Jonita Gandhi, who sung in Lekar Hum Deewana Dil.

The songs of "Raunaq" (not a film album; a standalone album) are TREMENDOUS! Obviously they come from the great A.R. Rahman! Kapil Sibal (former minister) has collaborated with Rahman on the lyrics. This album is marketed as a union of Sibal's poetry with Rahman's music.

Very interesting. Will give this a listen - ARR's standalone albums are usually very impressive - his whole Vande Mataram album remains one of my fav albums till date. Every track on there is a gem

Kapil Sibal's involvement reminds me of a similar collaboration between Former PM AB Vajpayee and Jagjit Singh - I believe the album was called Nayi Disha. Had that wonderful song Kya Khoya Kya Paya Jag Mein with lyrics penne by Vajpayeeji

This one - intro by BigB and SRK in the video. Was quite an epic collaboration back then:

Last edited:
Hearing tremendous reviews for Vishal Bharadwaj and Shahid Kapoor's "Haider". On the contrary, Bang Bang has opened to an excepted tepid (some even lambasting it) response.

Planning to catch Haider tomorrow. Vishal's work doesn't win the box office pundits, but I do want to see if I can relate to his cinema atleast this time (also my tastes/tolerance level have changed significantly since I saw Vishal's Kaminey for which I walked out of the theatre even before the climax). Or, even if I dont like the film, I can atleast enjoy looking at Shraddha Kapoor (the girl is damn cute and eye candy to watch).

Users who are viewing this thread